Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Gutshot Poker Club London

I am moving to London in a few months and looking forward to playing here. Anyone from the group a regular there? What tournaments do they offer? I also hear they have internet access for playing online. What is the standard like? Any general opinions about the club, I hear it is a lot more friendly than The Vic - which I heard was very stuffy?

On that note, if anyone is a member there would they be interested in forming a small little poker club, kinda like Howard Lederer and others became good players, from swopping strategy etc.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Gutshot Poker Club London

I think daveymck plays there on occasion. I'm sure there are a few others. Search the archives, Gutshot has been mentioned on the boards before.

They seem to major on NLHE tourneys, with cash games not starting 'til later. Haven't played there myself yet partly 'cos I'm more interested in cash games, partly 'cos they don't spread limit (no demand for it), partly 'cos rake looks painfully high compared to my usual online game and partly 'cos it'd be bl**dy hard/expensive for me to get home if I stayed past about 11.30pm.

May be interested in your poker club idea, though not sure I'd be able to pull my weight (young family limits play time!). PM me if you're going though. A small chance I might join you.

If you're curious about alternatives, check out 72offsuit which seems to list them out neatly...

Cheers,
RH