Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 04:51 AM

Default kk utg

Ok, 0.2/0.4 6-max 40$ buyin. I´ve been running good and game is really weak. Im in utg with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and about 80$ stack. I limp in, utg+1 bet 4bb, sb call and I call.
Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Sb check, I 2/3 pot bet, utg+1 call, sb rr 10bb, I push, utg+1 fold, sb call.
Sb and utg+1 both had about 35$ at the start.
Reason for pushing was I had sb on flushdraw and utg+1 on a Q so I felt turn play could be tricky if utg+1 comes along.
Comments?
Old 04-13-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: kk utg

I think that if you are not going to be raising this at all preflop, you may as well check/raise the flop.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:18 AM

I think check raise this flop defines my hand far more then just leading out. I think the risk of me being behind utg+1 is very slim and I see him call a flop bet with alot of hands drawing slim. Problem here as I see it was that sb sprung to life.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:27 AM

For the record, don't limp with KK PF. You are going to hate when every ace in the world gets a cheap look at the flop.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:36 AM

Check/raising the flop allows you to gain best relative position (last to act after the PF raiser), allows UTG to try and buy the pot with JJ/AK and also allows you to know that SB is going to call, meaning you should adjust for the possible draw out there.

Still, the best move here is to raise preflop.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:51 AM

I have well over 100k hands at this site and to my expirence limping aa and kk ep and also mp have proven far more efficent then leading out. Im fully aware that this is not the case in higher limits but this game is simply different.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have well over 100k hands at this site and to my expirence limping aa and kk ep and also mp have proven far more efficent then leading out

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent played this many hands...that being said you are wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2005, 09:09 AM

I'd want to open KK and AA in early position even more in lower-limit games. Limp-calling is good for deception, against thinking, observant players. Raising is good for making the pots bigger when you have a very good hand. Low limit players are neither thinking nor observant, so raise it up preflop for value. You have to build a pot in NL to get someone's stack, so do it preflop while you have a top two hand.