Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 09:00 PM

Default BR requirements for lo-limit NLH games

How big should my BR be if I want to play 1/2 NLH? I would be new to the game, but have read alot of the material out there and could expect to play reasonably well. How about 2/5? What would be the expected hourly rates of return for an avg, good and great player at those limits?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: BR requirements for lo-limit NLH games

the standard no limit BR, for somebody that cannot afford or doesn't want to bust, is 20 buy-ins, so 4k for 1/2 and 10k for 2/5.

i am comfortable playing with only 10 buy-ins, however. it depends on te player.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How big should my BR be if I want to play 1/2 NLH? I would be new to the game, but have read alot of the material out there and could expect to play reasonably well. How about 2/5? What would be the expected hourly rates of return for an avg, good and great player at those limits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like beholdr said, 20 is good but people go as low as 10. I play with just ten. Hell, I'm not a pro so the whole concept of BR is a bit of an abstraction. If I decided I want to sit at the damn 25/50 at UB with my entire bankroll then I can go ahead and do it.

It's good to have a bankroll for the game you play in so you can optimal poker without going on tilt; but I think it can be helpful to remember that such requirements are better suited for people who will be eating stryofoam for dinner if they go broke.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:42 PM

Thanxz guys. That helped. And don't worry "beset," I once resided in purgatory too. It gets better.