Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 09:14 AM

Default QQ...you be the judge.

BBs capping range is TT+, AQs+.
Both villians are reasonable post flop, though not great.
Bet made hands, call with draws...ABCDE

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>,<font color="#CC3333"> MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (18.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 12-17-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: QQ...you be the judge.

I think i'd shutdown and c/c unimproved after the three bet on the flop, but that may be weak.....
Old 12-17-2005, 09:35 AM

Do you think you have the best hand, or are you trying to get a better hand to fold?
Old 12-17-2005, 09:40 AM

*grunch*

Preflop seems standard.

The flop makes sense to me.

I think I'd just call on this turn card. The preflop cap and flop 3-bet make me think it's possible I'm behind, though TT and JJ are totally possible.

The river check from BB is odd. I might suspect some attempt to trap with JJ here. I likely would not have raised.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:52 AM

Overall you confused the heck out of me here. You rasie on flop and turn but don't cap thr re-raise. Did u think you were ahead or behind...

Preflop - ok

Flop - like the raise and normally if he 3 bets I'm probably c/c the rest of the way UI. If you are really sure of his capping range though, you beat everything but KK and AA so depending on your level of confidence I'd probably cap the flop. If he doesn't slow down on the turn then c/c for one bet and fold to a raise if UI.

Turn and river - I probably just c/c but I think u can make the same argument here that I did on the flop (it's just a more expensive way to find out where you are).
Old 12-17-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think you have the best hand, or are you trying to get a better hand to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both. I think I have MP beat (if he just calls) and I'm hoping to fold a better hand from BB.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:46 AM

Grunch

for me this is a very tough hand....I had a whole reply typed out that concluded with "nh" but then I took a look over BB action again and based on your read Im really thinking that he either missed or hit big time. And what is MPP betting here that you beat? AJ/Ajs?

I dont see you beating many made hands here so Im expecting you lost this hand...but Ill still say way to tag it up and nh with my only alternative being that the river line might be call and only fold to a 3 bet or cap.

actually Im so tempted just to not reply at all but since this is a grunch Ill post and expect to be flamed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

&lt;he hops into flame retardent suit&gt;
Old 12-17-2005, 11:25 AM

Other than capping the flop, nh

Taking inititive again on the flop will help define what exactly he has if he bets out on the turn

Crovax
Old 12-17-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BBs capping range is TT+, AQs+.
Both villians are reasonable post flop, though not great.
Bet made hands, call with draws...ABCDE

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>,<font color="#CC3333"> MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333"> Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (18.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm calling down after the flop 3-bet. You're ahead of TT and JJ, and behind KK and AA. It's doubtful he would be this aggressive with AK or AQ. I think the river raise is just spewing because now the only hand you beat is TT. Looks like MP1 hit his AJ that he's been calling down with.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Both. I think I have MP beat (if he just calls) and I'm hoping to fold a better hand from BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not going to get many players to fold an AA or KK overpair too often.