Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 01:06 PM

Default AKo against extreme LAG and others

I tried that 15bb thing yesterday, I found a great 2/4 table, which is the highest I got, there were 3 players with over 70 VPIP, 2 of them were 80/20's and one was crazy agressive post flop (MP3). I got 3 handed by time the flop action had finished against two of the crazy guys 80/20, and aggro.

I'm thinking the MP1 guy has a weaker ace than me, and the other guy could have any two cards more or less. I think I may have missed a bet on the turn given the flop action. I've seen MP3 put in 4 on the flop (all-in) with 75o unimproved, two overs on the board and suck out on K9o AQX board, when I say he is crazy I mean it.

I am in the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 handed 2/4 Party

UTG raises, MP1 3 bets, MP3 Calls, I cap, BB Calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls. (20 SB)

Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 bets, I raise, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 3 bets, I cap, MP1 calls, MP3 calls. (32 SB)

Turn comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP1 checks, MP3 bets all-in, I raise, MP1 check raises, I call (20 BB)

River comes K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MP1 checks, I bet, MP1 calls (21.5 BB after rake)

Thoughts?

Mack
Old 11-25-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: AKo against extreme LAG and others

Can you explain your flop play?
Old 11-25-2005, 01:29 PM

I have never done anything of the sort before, but first I raised because the guy doesn't have to have anything to bet, I hope that some will fold (unlikely) which happened, because the MP1 only called my bet I was 75%+ certain he had a worse ace than me, as he wasn't gun shy and had fairly loose 3 betting standards, the cap was unnecessary but I still felt it was for value.

Here is something I saw MP3 do earlier in the session

He had 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

5 folds, LAG raises, BB 3 bets, LAG caps, BB calls

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, LAG raises, BB 3 bets, LAG caps (all-in), BB calls

I'm telling you, he was as mad as a badger, I never seen anything like it before. Like I say I've never seen a situation like that before and doubt I will again.

Mack
Old 11-25-2005, 01:32 PM

I don't like the flop play. I understand your first raise, but the cap doesn't make sense.

I would probably just call and raise most turn cards because: You might have MP3 beaten and he'll bet 100% of the time, you have a better chance of folding weak draws behind you, and MP3 can't 3-bet because he'll be all in.