Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 04:36 PM

Default For the Hi-Low lovers...

I'm mostly a 2+2 and RGP lurker, but saw something on RGP of interest to hi-low players.

Full Tilt's August promotion is to give away $10,000 a day, basically in lottery style random drawings, where you get more entries for every pot you win that day. However, you get just as many entries for winning a whole pot as you get for getting quartered in a hi-low pot. So for one, you'll have a better chance of winning the lotteries, and two, I'm guessing there will be an inlux of hold'em players trying these games out once they figure out the loophole.

The details are on the ftp web page somewhere, but the idea came up in a RGP thread.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: For the Hi-Low lovers...

Sounds like an interesting promotion, thanks for the heads-up. Do you know how often FullTilt has limit and/or pot-limit Omaha/8 games being played?
Old 07-31-2005, 04:57 PM

At the moment (Sunday afternoon), I see a 5-10 limit game, a 5-10 Pot Limit game, and a few small NL/PL games.

Will be interesting to see if the split game action picks up when the promotion starts tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:04 AM

You don't get more entries per pot won, it depends on the pot size too. You get 100 entries per Full Tilt point earned (you get 1 point per dollar of rake). So, it's better to play O8 if you're playing the same limit as holdem, but if you're a much better holdem player, and can play a higher limit at holdem, it might earn you more points.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:25 PM

That's a good point Towelie.

Any thoughts on the EV calcuation for the promotion? I'm having a hard time guessing how many players are on the site, but if they are giving away 300k for the month, the EV per player must be halfway decent.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:17 PM

wanted to follow up to my original post, to say the strategy has paid off so far. i've been playing a lot of omaha 8, and so far I have won 4 times. nothing big yet unfortunately, just three $50's and a $100, but I'm sure it's more than enough to cover my rake.

i got a PM from towelie saying he had also won early, anyone else had success with the hi-lo strategy?
Old 08-21-2005, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i got a PM from towelie saying he had also won early

[/ QUOTE ]

Towelie was my account that got banned in OOT. I never sent you any PMs.

I haven't won anything yet on FT.