Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Poker Tracker/Poker View

Do you find the stats presented by Poker Tracker/Poker View to really be of much assistance to your play?
I'm interested in getting these, especially poker view, it's not a question of 'is it worth it' rather 'will it help my play'?
Old 05-09-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker/Poker View

[ QUOTE ]
Do you find the stats presented by Poker Tracker/Poker View to really be of much assistance to your play?
I'm interested in getting these, especially poker view, it's not a question of 'is it worth it' rather 'will it help my play'?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Game Time + (I think poker view is a similar product but could be wrong) and it is useful to me multi tabling. It's harder to keep track of the frequency with which players enter the pot, do so with a raise, go to showdown vs. win at showdown, post flop agression...

I have folded KK on the flop after looking at a rock's stats and seeing he hasn't raised a hand in 200 hands (he raised me preflop and I strongly suspected AA, when he raised me again on the flop I was sure of it- and he showed too but I already knew...he wasn't doing this with AK for sure, not QQ either, or KK IMO although that was possible). I have pushed all in after 3 betting on a paired flop after considering opponents agression numbers (might have given an unknown player credit). There are other examples.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:42 PM

ditto

if some one open raises before me and i have AQ, i might re-raise, call or fold depending on his stats
Old 05-09-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ditto

if some one open raises before me and i have AQ, i might re-raise, call or fold depending on his stats

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Playerview or gametime gives you a good idea of what kind of player you are up against.

Great for multitabling when you can't follow the flow of every game and player.

Stats that are a must -
volutary put in pot, Won money SD%, pf raise %, average aggression

Other goodies -
flop, turn, and river aggression. Went to SD%, total hands you have him tracked for (you can set a minimum amount filter).

IMO these stats are more valuable at 6-max games, where people play their hand less, and opponent more.

The downside to this is that it can really bog your system down for multiple tables.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:07 PM

it makes it easier to look at the hands you plaed...

during the game, it has little use...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-09-2005, 05:14 PM

Kane, do you feel this way about poker tracker or are you talking about game time + too? I don't understand how someone can think that game time + is not useful during play, particulary when multi tabling.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-09-2005, 05:54 PM

just PT. i dont even know what game time is.

[ QUOTE ]
Kane, do you feel this way about poker tracker or are you talking about game time + too? I don't understand how someone can think that game time + is not useful during play, particulary when multi tabling.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-09-2005, 09:19 PM

Dude you need to check it out. You know how PT has the 'gametime' window you can open up? It's like a mock poker table where you put in all of your opponents names from the PT database? Maybe you've never used that. I did for a short while but it was a pain in the ass. And it was basically impossible to use when multi tabling.

Maybe you know what that is and maybe not. Anyway, what gametime + is is a progam that imports key stats of your opponents from poker tracker right up on the poker table in real time! I don't know if it works with all the sites but it works with party. So on the table right under each players name will be their key stats vp$p, pfr, %went to showdown, % won $ at showdown. You can program it to display the stats you want. And the full details are available from a drop down list when you hover the cursor over the stats.

When players leave and a new one enters game time + updates this info so the new players stats appear and is updated in real time.

It's free too. Just go to the PT message boards and get a link to download the latest version.

This thing is really sweet if you multi table. Prior to making decisons you can very quickly view the opponents stats right there on the poker table.

For months I was reading about this thing and figured it was just some update of the gametime screen in poker tracker and remembered it was a pain in the ass to use and impossible to use multi tabling. Not Game Time +. I will not multi table without using this tool now. Uless your brain is a super computer this is a useful tool. It's free to anyone that has pokertracker (you auto download hands into poker tracker and gametime + imports these stats on all of your opponents right up on the poker table.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-09-2005, 09:21 PM

Let me know what you think.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:10 PM

thx for the reply. ill have to check it out. when i do, ill pm you and tell you what i think.

[ QUOTE ]
Dude you need to check it out. You know how PT has the 'gametime' window you can open up? It's like a mock poker table where you put in all of your opponents names from the PT database? Maybe you've never used that. I did for a short while but it was a pain in the ass. And it was basically impossible to use when multi tabling.

Maybe you know what that is and maybe not. Anyway, what gametime + is is a progam that imports key stats of your opponents from poker tracker right up on the poker table in real time! I don't know if it works with all the sites but it works with party. So on the table right under each players name will be their key stats vp$p, pfr, %went to showdown, % won $ at showdown. You can program it to display the stats you want. And the full details are available from a drop down list when you hover the cursor over the stats.

When players leave and a new one enters game time + updates this info so the new players stats appear and is updated in real time.

It's free too. Just go to the PT message boards and get a link to download the latest version.

This thing is really sweet if you multi table. Prior to making decisons you can very quickly view the opponents stats right there on the poker table.

For months I was reading about this thing and figured it was just some update of the gametime screen in poker tracker and remembered it was a pain in the ass to use and impossible to use multi tabling. Not Game Time +. I will not multi table without using this tool now. Uless your brain is a super computer this is a useful tool. It's free to anyone that has pokertracker (you auto download hands into poker tracker and gametime + imports these stats on all of your opponents right up on the poker table.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]