Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 06:02 PM

Default Re: 3 guys playing together in our home game....

Then bring a larger bankroll and isolate, isolate, isolate. Since it's all but obvious that they're colluding in some form, get the rest of the guys to agree to get out of each other's way when you (or another of the "victims") pushes PF against the three cheaters. Only push with AA or KK. One big hand against six random cards should absolutely murder them over the long run.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:08 PM

Good idea. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See what happens? I make lots of money? Dude, you really don't know anything about the game. This is just another in a long line of "I can't beat the fish" posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on. This is the most accurate thing posted in this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
They just all call and your odds go to [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Odds - You don't understand what this word means.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See what happens when you raise with KK, and you get calls with 46, A7, J10, and 23. You either get sucked out on or lose to 2 pr, a flush, or something f'd up.

[/ QUOTE ]

OR

win a gigantic pot that makes up for every suckout they've put on me and then some.

To the OP, this is in no way meant to be insulting so you can take the advice or leave it but you don't understand poker at all, mainly the "Fundamental Theorum of Poker" explained by David Sklansky in "Theory of Poker" which the tone of your post leads me to believe you haven't read. Your understanding of the word "odds" is even flawed as you use it incorrectly in your post and many replies.

Now, your solution, Read TOP and other books and improve your game first off. Second, if they're cheating by actually colluding then that's bullshit and let them know they're not welcome. If they're three calling stations playing with you for decent stakes then I would honestly leave my house right now to come play in that game no matter how far away it is.

Good luck,
Matt
Old 08-03-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does that say against those hands that KK loses 65% of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and it says you quadruple your money 35% of the time
Old 08-03-2005, 10:28 PM

Move to higher limits. They'll respect your raises there.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you dont understand is that I've done that and gotten beat. I sit there and wait on QQ, KK, or AA. Then when I get it I raise PF and they ALL stay in. At that point my odds are terrible. A bad hand ends up winning bc they're all in the hand. See what I'm saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. I play in a weekly home game too and I would LOVE if everybody called with "anything" when I have AA. You are just running bad. This sounds like a dream table. Keep playing with them and start making a list of things to buy with your future profits.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont want to play with cheaters, but we can't exactly prove they're doing it, even though they are.

I was just wondering if there's a way the 7 or 8 of us could gang up on them and break em. If not, fine. I was just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess if you say you can't beat them because all 3 are ganging up, can't the other 7 of you gang up and beat them at their own game? Agree to split all the profits and call THEM down with anything.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(black guys)

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but seeing that everyone else is white I thought I would mention it. I am not racist

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you pointed out they were black because everyone else is white IS racist. I think you need to reevaluate your view on other races.

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, that's not a very intelligent post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Durs
Old 08-04-2005, 05:03 AM

I think you have received some good information in the previous posts. Take the time to review them well and keep an open mind. If they are playing together as a team and you don’t like it then the host (if in agreement) must request they don’t come back. Your other choice is to keep you head on straight and focus on poker fundamentals and beat them. I think that you instigating collusion would be just as bad as you suspect they are. Remember you don’t need to win every hand to be a winning player. It’s the long run and end result that you need to pay attention to. Be sure to pay attention to position. Be sure to review what you have on outs and probability. A good player should win in the long run especially if they call any bet with any hand. Of course they will sometimes draw out on you that is the nature of the game. Be there in position with a superior hand and your money in when they don’t have a hand. Don’t give them money when you are not in good shape. Every dollar you don’t give to them you can either bet with later or take home. After all not losing is sort of another type of winning. Just trounce them when you can.

You should so a search on post where players get beat or can’t beat the bad players. It could be that they are just drawing out a percentage of hands because they are in so many. I have played many games where there are calling stations and the have a great time being in every hand, betting a lot, and winning a good deal. In the long run they get beaten and they say but look how many times I won. Just smile and agree while you tell them they played pretty good.

In my family tournaments my sister and my nephew have always been calling stations. They love to play every hand. Often they will outdraw me and win. In the long run it is very rare that I am not in a money paying position at the end. Once in a while they may even place in the money but I figure I’m 80% or better to make the money (after all there are other players too). Oh yeah, I don’t forget to tell them how well they played.

Enjoy