Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Getting a \"double\" bonus at Empire?

Hey. Recently switched from PP to Empire, signed up using a rake return program that includes 20% match of first deposit. It looks like it registered correctly on my bonus summary page.

Now, when I have the option to deposit, it has the option of entering a deposit bonus code. Should I try entering a different one, like one of the reload codes or first deposit codes? Will it help me double my bonus? Will it just not work? The only thing I don't want it to do is nullify my rake return, but I don't want to give up 40 free bucks if possible. I remember when I was originally on PP I got 25 flat or so to sign up, then I added the percentage on top of it with WOW20 or something. Any idea how it would work here?

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Getting a \"double\" bonus at Empire?

You can only get one bonus per deposit. So don't use a bonus code on your first one, make two seperate deposits.

The bonuses you clear count against your MGR, so you'll get less rakeback (but the bonus is clearly worth more than the rakeback).
Old 01-20-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So don't use a bonus code on your first one, make two seperate deposits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Why would I make two separate deposits?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:51 AM

So that you can get both your sign up bonus and the reload bonus.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well, the sign up bonus is a percentage.

I guess if I took the free $25 with minimum $50 in, then got 15% of 150, I could have gotten 47.50 in bonuses. Instead I get 40.

Oh, well.

But, should I NOT try to enter another 20% on your first deposit bonus? Can it hurt? (I mean, it didn't when I got a flat 25 bonus last time).
Old 01-20-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well, the sign up bonus is a percentage.

I guess if I took the free $25 with minimum $50 in, then got 15% of 150, I could have gotten 47.50 in bonuses. Instead I get 40.

Oh, well.

But, should I NOT try to enter another 20% on your first deposit bonus? Can it hurt? (I mean, it didn't when I got a flat 25 bonus last time).

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad move signing up for Empire. You should have read the forums a little bit. Instead, you wasted a nice bonus when you have a bankroll built up. I'd suggest not touching anymore Party skins until you have the $500 to deposit.

Anyways, to answer your question, I wouldn't do it. Deposit, cashout and then deposit again with the other bonus code.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:04 AM

Alright. Your sign up code will give you something like 20% up to $100. If you try to put the reload code on top of it, you will only get one bonus. If, instead, you make two sequential $500 deposits, you will get $200 in bonuses (whereas if you put $1000 in on the first deposit, you will get only $100 in bonuses).
Old 01-20-2005, 02:14 AM

I don't think he has a reload code.

I think he sees the bonus-code box and wants to use another sign-up code.

the bonus-code box is ALWAYS there.
you can't get more than one sign-up code. If you try to use a code that you are not eligible for you simply will not get any bonus.

capiche?
Old 01-20-2005, 03:55 AM

No, I'm not talking about signup codes. I'm referring to "first deposit" codes. Are they not separate? I was able to use both at PP.

Also, I only want to put in about $200 right now (haven't been winning consistantly enough to go above 1/2, and don't have much free cash right now, most is invested), so it's not like I'm maxing out the bonuses here.

So, am I best off depositing $500 to get the full $100 bonus, letting it clear with 1000 raked hands or so, then cashing out if I don't want to leave my BR that high?
Old 01-20-2005, 04:01 AM

Yes.

But better yet....you can deposit the $500....and then cash out how ever much of it you want ($400 perhaps...so that you still have $100 to play with) and you will still get to play for the bonus.

I believe you have to wait 8 hours before cashing-out...and it won't let you cash-out before then.
The cash-outs do not take very long either. You'll get your money back fairly quickly (perhaps a couple days at the longest).

So...do this....

Deposit $500
wait 8 hours....
cash-out $400 (or how ever much you want to cash-out)...
THEN play your 500 raked-hands for the bonus.

Then you cash-out everything including the extra $100 you just earned if you like.

You can cash it ALL out virtually right-away (after 8 hours) if you wanted and they will not take the bonus away
....you just wouldn't have any money in there to ake to the tables and it would be just a tad harder to clear the bonus without any money.