Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2004, 07:21 PM

Default An IQ test for liberals (and AndyFox :) )

Liberal IQ test

Enjoy and oh yeah, if you fail don't feel too bad about yourself. After all it is not exactly a secret. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jimbo
Old 08-28-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: An IQ test for liberals (and AndyFox :) )

These questions are so obviously jaded that it is ridiculous. Question 6, for instance, uses a totally false assumption.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These questions are so obviously jaded that it is ridiculous. Question 6, for instance, uses a totally false assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the following is a totally false assumption from question 6.

John Kerry believes raising taxes letting the government decide how to spend the money will increase jobs

John Kerry waffles so much that that its false to assume he believes in anything.

Stu
Old 08-28-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Thanks, Jimbo

As I said to Gabe on the psychology forum, I usually get a bit scared when I see my name in the title of the post, but this one is fun. Thanks. Here are my answers:

Q-1) Jim Smith earns $ 45,000 per year and pays an adjusted tax liability for 15%, Jim’s brother Tim earns $ 500.000 per year and pays an adjusted tax liability of 20%. Who pays more in taxes Jim or Tim.

-I don't know what an "adjusted tax liability for 15% means; perhaps the questioner meant his marginal tax rate was 15%. I'm going to guess that Jim pays more dollar in taxes; that Tim pay a higher percentage; and that, on the first $500, they each pay the same amount and the same percentage. And that Tim has a harder life than Jim, unless Jim is as generous as you and I are. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Q-2) Jim makes car payments of $ 225.00, credit card payments of $ 350.00 and a cable bill of 75.00. Tim invests $ 1,000 per month in his Companies stock. Who creates more jobs Jim or Tim ?

-I don't know how Tim can afford to invest $1,000 on an income of $500, but I suppose it's none of my business. Anyway, the question is impossible to answer due to incomplete information. For example, I have car, credit card and cable payments that are much higher than Jim's, but I'm guessing I "create" more jobs than either.

Q-3) Mary Johnson is un-wed, unemployed, has 9 children and lives on government support. Her children go to public school. Her sister Judy Jones has one child, sends her child to privet school at her own expense. Who pay more school tax Mary or Judy?

-Bad spelling,grammar, and punctuation but I'm guessing the author is a arch-conservative, so it's understandable. Are these two married to Jim and Tim?

Q-4) John Kerry served heroically ( questionable). for four months in a combat zone And nineteen years in the Congress apposing national security legislation . President Bush also served as a F-102 pilot TANG. Brought down two of the most horrific regimes in history. Who do you trust to protect America, George or John?

-The first two sentences are irrelevant to answering the question. I trust Kerry more. As you know, I'm not a big Kerry fan. I'm an anybody-but Bush guy.

Q-5) John Kerry has no experience in the business world other than living off his wife’s trust fund and the bribes he’s collected while in Congress. President Bush has been both unsuccessful and very successful in business. He has an MBA from Harvard Business School and supposedly that’s about as good as it gets. Who do you trust to handle the economy?

-Based on what Bush has done in his first four years, I trust Kerry more. Bush's success with the Texas Rangers was based on fraud. I can elaborate if you like (although I'll be out of town the next few days, perhaps others can elaborate in my absence).

And living off a trust fund is hard. That's why Kerry needed a second chance. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Q-6) George Bush believes reducing taxes, allowing the money to flow back in to the economy it will increase jobs, increase productivity, increase revenues and improve the economy. John Kerry believes raising taxes letting the government decide how to spend the money will increase jobs. Who has the most logical theory George or John?

-George Bush's "theory" (I doubt he's progressed that far) hasn't worked. That's because there is no direct line between tax policy and economic vigor. There are lots of "it depends," which elude Bush's rather simple mind. John Kerry's "theory" is an imaginery one.

Q-7) John Kerry is opposed to out-sourcing jobs. John Kerry voted in favor of NAFTA. Favored Nation status for Pacific Rim Countries. John Kerry has voted Yes on every trade bill that’s come before Congress in the past 19 years. George Bush has made every attempt to convince Congress we need to use some of our own natural recourses to avoid the dependency on foreign nations. Who’s position seems the more logical. John or George?

-Ringo.

Q-8) John Kerry believes the French, Germans, Russians and the UN can better run our foreign policy than our own President. George Bush believes we are better equipped to handle our own foreign policy than the elite Euros. Who do you agree with Kerry or Bush?

-I agree with Kerry that almost anyone could run our foreign policy better than Bush and the neocons. Maybe even Ringo. (And Ringo might be better than Kerry too.)

Q-9) John Kerry says George Bush is the most failed President since Herbert Hoover. John Kerry doesn’t know much about the Hoover administration and what it faced at the time. Do you think the country is worse off than in the 1930’s?

-John Kerry says it's the worst economic performance since Hoover. He hasn't said we're worse off than in the 1930s. No, I do not believe we're worse off than in the 1930s. (The "most failed" president? Is this a 2+2 publication? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])

Q-10) John Kerry seems to think that President Bush is to blame for supposed ills the country is suffering from in his opinion. Do you think this country is on the edge of immediate disaster?

-The incumbent always takes credit for the good things and blames the bad things on his predecessor, circumstance, or other factors. The would-be king always blames the incumbent for the bad things and gives credit for the good things to his own party, circumstance, or other factors. I think Bush's re-election may indeed be a disaster, both in terms of foreign policy and economic policy.

Q-11) John Kerry has been in Congress for nineteen years. What responsibility do you give Congress for the supposed ills John Kerry think we are suffering from?

-A major portion.

Q-12 ) America is a better, safer, wiser, prouder Nation today because of George Bush, Yes or No.

-Better, no; safer, no; wiser, no; prouder, yes, in that the Bushmen have an unduly high opinion of their own achievements and qualities.

How'd I do?
Old 08-28-2004, 09:25 PM

Default I\'ll take a shot.

Q-1) Jim Smith earns $ 45,000 per year and pays an adjusted tax liability for 15%, Jim’s brother Tim earns $ 500.000 per year and pays an adjusted tax liability of 20%. Who pays more in taxes Jim or Tim.

-I don't know the definition for adjusted tax liability so I will have to guess that Jim's 15% of $45,000 is much more than 20% of $500, in monetary terms. In percentage terms, than Tim's 20% is larger than Jim's 15%. Are they taking advantage of the solar energy tax credit?

Q-2) Jim makes car payments of $ 225.00, credit card payments of $ 350.00 and a cable bill of 75.00. Tim invests $ 1,000 per month in his Companies stock. Who creates more jobs Jim or Tim ?

-Well, Jim is pumping a bunch of money into the economy keeping car, credit card, and cable business humming. Once a company issues stock, it gets it's money, so Tim buying stock in a secondary market is keeping a stock broker working somewhere, but isn't benefiting the actual company directly at all, if that is what is being implied. Can't say who creates more jobs, do either have a kid mow their grass or do they do it themselves?

Q-3) Mary Johnson is un-wed, unemployed, has 9 children and lives on government support. Her children go to public school. Her sister Judy Jones has one child, sends her child to privet school at her own expense. Who pay more school tax Mary or Judy?

-I didn't know they had a school for privets, but I hope spelling is taught there. Since school taxes are usually based on personal property taxes, it is hard to say who pays more. It depends on the State and Tax District they live in, and how much personal property they own. I guess the Conservative Answer would be unemployed Mary Johnson pays more, since she pays the taxes on the Cadillac the government gave her, while Judy drives an old sensible Republican Honda. Of course, marital status, number of children, and employment have nothing to do with your School Tax Levy so I don't know why that information is given.

Q-4) John Kerry served heroically ( questionable). for four months in a combat zone And nineteen years in the Congress apposing national security legislation . President Bush also served as a F-102 pilot TANG. Brought down two of the most horrific regimes in history. Who do you trust to protect America, George or John?

-Kerry apposing national security legislation? I didn't think "apposing" is an actual english word. Most horrific regimes? Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Amin?
Anyways, George's track record of driving the US Treasury into the ground, I think is probably the most dangerous thing in the long run for America.

Q-5) John Kerry has no experience in the business world other than living off his wife’s trust fund and the bribes he’s collected while in Congress. President Bush has been both unsuccessful and very successful in business. He has an MBA from Harvard Business School and supposedly that’s about as good as it gets. Who do you trust to handle the economy?

-Based on what Bush has done in his first four years, I trust Kerry more. I'm still trying to find the sucessful business venture that it is claimed Bush ran.

Q-6) George Bush believes reducing taxes, allowing the money to flow back in to the economy it will increase jobs, increase productivity, increase revenues and improve the economy. John Kerry believes raising taxes letting the government decide how to spend the money will increase jobs. Who has the most logical theory George or John?

- The 'trickle down' theory of George's has proved a failure time and again. Government spending like the old WPA, etc. work programs like they did during the Depression proved to be very effective. I think Kerry's theory that the Government being able to directly produce jobs is the most sound.

Q-7) John Kerry is opposed to out-sourcing jobs. John Kerry voted in favor of NAFTA. Favored Nation status for Pacific Rim Countries. John Kerry has voted Yes on every trade bill that’s come before Congress in the past 19 years. George Bush has made every attempt to convince Congress we need to use some of our own natural recourses to avoid the dependency on foreign nations. Who’s position seems the more logical. John or George?

-I don't know what the "natural recourses" that George is refering to are, but it seems logical that promoting international and global trade is good for expanding our markets. Trade is good. We can't become rich by everyone in the nation doing each other's laundry.

Q-8) John Kerry believes the French, Germans, Russians and the UN can better run our foreign policy than our own President. George Bush believes we are better equipped to handle our own foreign policy than the elite Euros. Who do you agree with Kerry or Bush?

-I'll have to agree with Kerry, the French, Germans, Russians or the UN probably could have done a better job of running foreign policy than George has done. If anything, they might have been able to avoid the quagmire of Iraq.

Q-9) John Kerry says George Bush is the most failed President since Herbert Hoover. John Kerry doesn’t know much about the Hoover administration and what it faced at the time. Do you think the country is worse off than in the 1930’s?

-I don't think that Kerry would have said "most failed", that sounds like a Bushism to me. But no, technology and other advances in civilization has made us much better off now than in the 30s.

Q-10) John Kerry seems to think that President Bush is to blame for supposed ills the country is suffering from in his opinion. Do you think this country is on the edge of immediate disaster?

-Immediate disaster? No, I'll leave that to the Far Right Religious Wackos and their "rapture" theories.

Q-11) John Kerry has been in Congress for nineteen years. What responsibility do you give Congress for the supposed ills John Kerry think we are suffering from?

-Since Congress has had a Republican Majority for a very long time, I think that is a big part of the ills we are suffering from.

Q-12 ) America is a better, safer, wiser, prouder Nation today because of George Bush, Yes or No.

-A last an easy question. Better? No. Safer? No. Wiser? LOL. Prouder? Yes, sales of Made In China American flags are at an all time high.

How did I do?
Old 08-28-2004, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Thanks, Jimbo

Jesus Andy! I am laughing my way into halftime while reading your post. More than I could have ever hoped for. Thanks for the chuckle.

Jimbo
Old 08-28-2004, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
John Kerry waffles so much that that its false to assume he believes in anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily including you in this but this is the standard line for those whose knowledge of the issues consist of watching a Bush campaign commercial or 2.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily including you in this but this is the standard line for those whose knowledge of the issues consist of watching a Bush campaign commercial or 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta tell you, your post is even funnier that Andy's. If given several objective examples any grade school child could determine that Kerry either cannot make up his mind or changes it according to whatever answer or action will best serve his personal agenda. They could do this if they have never even seen a news program or political ad in their life.

Jimbo
Old 08-29-2004, 12:59 AM

jimbo you lost out on this one. the two liberals andy and card counter showed that they are indeed much smarter than the dumb conservatives posting this quiz. one of the few thread with long posts i could stay with all the way.
the two can pm me with their addresses and i will send them a big fat 100 dollar bill. they will get just what they deserve.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:14 AM

That quiz is a train wreck...