Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Need a new chair! help.

I have an aeron at work. I love it, though I woudnt want to pay that much for a chair.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why the freedom instead of the liberty?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.bluehen.com/freedom_chair.php?faq_item=2

[/ QUOTE ]

most of this PR compares it to the aeron. this doesnt tell me anything. im asking why you choose one model over another from the same manufacturer. can you answer or no?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why the freedom instead of the liberty?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.bluehen.com/freedom_chair.php?faq_item=2

[/ QUOTE ]

most of this PR compares it to the aeron. this doesnt tell me anything. im asking why you choose one model over another from the same manufacturer. can you answer or no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I chose the freedom based on these and a few other reviews. That IS why I chose it over the other. Just because these reviews do not touch on a difference between the Freedom and the Liberty does NOT mean that it can't, at the same time, be the reason I chose the Freedom over the Liberty. I liked what I seen in these reviews, I then chose to buy a Freedom vs. the Liberty and all other chairs.

You asked why I chose one over the other, and I answered why I chose one over the other. Do you understand that? Or are you claiming I actually didn't chose one over the other because of these reviews? Or do you think there is some ulterior reason I chose the freedom over the Liberty that I am keeping secret?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

http://www.mypce.com/buypce.shtml

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. PSO should offer that as a sign up bonus [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this forum.

Only problem is my roomies must think i'm strange for sitting alone in my room laughing my ass off so much...
Old 11-29-2005, 04:27 PM

I bought a Freedom chair nearly a year ago. Best price I found was from Office Ergonomix.

I got the full blown model with head rest, gel seat and advanced arms. Don’t remember the exact price now but it was about $300 less than the other sites were asking. Chair was custom ordered and shipped direct from factory in about six weeks.

I did a lot of research on the net and then took a day to go to the city and actually sit in all three of my top choice chairs: Aeron, Freedom, and Leap. Some of my research is getting a bit vague now but I’ll post what I recall.

The Aeron seems to be a love it or hate it chair – with something around 30% of people hating it. I hated it instantly. My skinny butt just wasn’t comfortable in the hammock type seat. I also recall some posts about it’s fabric being so rough that it actually wore out peoples pants. It does seem very popular with people who have a sweating situation.

The Leap chair is loaded with control knobs, handles, and levers so it should be possible for anyone to find a comfortable position. While I was doing my research I happened to see a NASA control room on TV and all the chairs were Leaps, so you can legitimately say it is the choice of rocket scientists. Leap was at the top of my list, just edging out the Freedom because it cost a bit less.

The Freedom chair ... well, I liked the headrest and the fact that it reclines. The gel seat is very comfortable for long sits. When I found it for only a little more than the Leap, I bought one. No regrets and no aches, pains, moans or groans even after sitting for 12 hours or more.

Now if only somebody could up with a mouse that’s as good as this chair ...