Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Saved by spill

On Friday night, somebody broke into my car. They found my ipod charger/tape-adapter in the front seat and took that. They opened my glove-box, and found nothing but dog-treats. Then they opened my trunk, and found pay-dirt.

The only valuable thing in my car was my set of poker chips. If I was robbing a car, and found a huge, shiny, HEAVY aluminum case, I'd just take it. However, this guy opened it first to see what was inside. Because he was in a rush (and because he was too stupid to get a real job) he opened it VERTICALLY, and 700 chips spilled all over my trunk. This certainly makes it harder to steal, so he left without taking ANYTHING else (as far as I can recall).

So, I made out pretty damn well in the deal. I ordered new cables from eBay for $12 (shipped) and I cleaned-up the technicolor rainbow that filled my trunk. (Makes me sorry I bought the 700 chip case.) This was the first time I'd counted all my chips, when I was reordering them in stacks of 10. Seems I'm missing 4 black chips. Now, maybe they were missing before, or maybe they're hiding somewhere in my trunk, but I'm really hoping the guy took them and is hoping to cash them in later. If some sketchy guy comes to our micro-stakes homegame and says "Uh, yeah. I wanted to cash these in for $400.", we'll know what to do.
-Sam
Old 08-14-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Saved by spill

Why in hell would you need so many black chips for micro-limit games???
Old 08-14-2005, 06:40 PM

I'm guessing they are $100 denonminations and he's using them as $1 chips (1/100 value).
Old 08-14-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]maybe tourneys?
Old 08-14-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

really, really, REALLY deep stacks?
Old 08-15-2005, 12:39 AM

You guys are [censored] crazy. Of course they're not worth $100 in our game. Duh. There aren't denoms written on the chips, but it's still nice to have 4 colors. I have blue, red, green, and black. What colors would YOU use?

Duh.
-Sam
Old 08-15-2005, 01:11 AM

Not to sound too elitest, but I have hosted home games where there were black chips in play and they were worth $100. So I don't find it that suprising.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to sound too elitest, but I have hosted home games where there were black chips in play and they were worth $100. So I don't find it that suprising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some guy on the chiptalk boards posted a pic including his cash game set, which included a full rack of black paulson JB's. Said his last home game had half of the rack in use. So I guess theres a few of you.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP said they play "microlimit". Nobody is saying that $100 chips have no place in home games ever, the question was why would someone need a $100 chip for a microlimit game, which the OP cleared right up.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:48 AM

lol we use Blacks as $1 (whites are .05, reds .10, greens .25, and blues .50) so I pretty much understood when OP said that they'd know what to do if someone tried to cash for $400 : )