Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Results

That hand is completely different since you arent the PFR
Old 12-07-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd assume he'd be more likely to think a full PSB is what you'd do with missed AKo. I've won decent pots like that by inducing bluffs from [censored] hands by betting full pot to resemble a steal.

-----
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed)

SB ($91.80)
BB ($110.10)
UTG ($208.70)
UTG+1 ($62.40)
MP1 ($311.60)
MP2 ($225.60)
Hero ($200)
Button ($218.85)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $6, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($15) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $56.4</font>, Hero calls $42.40.

Turn: ($127.80) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($127.80) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $127.80

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has Js Ts (high card, jack).
Hero has Td Th (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero wins $127.80. </font>
-----

[/ QUOTE ]

very nice. i've never thought about inducing bluffs before by doing that. can you give a more detailed description of how to do this given specific opponents and with/without position?

sounds like an amazing tool to use...i do the same, but when reraised like that i chuck it. i give my opponents too much credit sometimes!
Old 12-07-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That hand is completely different since you arent the PFR

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, which is why I never said it was similar. The same concept still applies, though, mine just sells a lot better since I wasn't PFR.

[ QUOTE ]
can you give a more detailed description of how to do this given specific opponents and with/without position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crappy opponents and decent opponents should be main target, I'd say. Crappy ones are likely to think someone would only bet huge with a bad hand since they're so used to betting tiny with their monsters. Decent players might think you're bluffing and call or raise all in with a weakish hand. Good players will most likely fold.

Also, mine was much different since the guy was so short stacked, but I insta-called his bet and said in my head, "he thinks I am bluffing" before the showdown.

Him raising pre and then checking makes him look weak. Me betting PSB very quickly seems like I'm picking up on his weakness. It's in the same ball park as feigning weakness with a weak lead into the PFR, looking for a raise, after you've flopped a concealed set, only now you're advertising the opposite. Makes sense.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he called, had 99 river bricked MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to criticize since you won the hand, but it's safe to say that you were EXTREMELY lucky that he called given your read
[ QUOTE ]
villain is super tight preflop but will try to push you off a hand if he suspects you have AK.

[/ QUOTE ] since in this case the villian is no longer "pushing you off a hand" by calling your raise.

Also note that if you had just called the raise, villian would have either potted it (dumb play) or checked to you (in which case he would call a pot bet from you). In both cases, you win half of his remaining stack.

You'll need to amend your notes for this player to read:
willing to call ridiculous overbets with underpairs vs a "suspiciously" played hand.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:31 PM

Also, I think your note that he'll push you off a hand if he suspects UIAKo is very dangerous.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: setting the bear trap at the ol\' 200nl

you're wrong man, 100% of the time OP is ahead you think villian folds??? NAH, sometimes people play a weird JJ-KK that way, and even a tight villian will probably call with KK. I think that on turn, just call the ck raise, and let him bluff at you again.

By the way, I hate checking this flop, if you're not getting action, it's better to raise more and c-bet more, then check behind with big pairs.