Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-10-2005, 11:20 PM

Default How good is KQo?

allright, so i have not lost $1,025 with KQo after having it over 300 times at 5/10 6 max - a major leak that i would like to fix. My PFR with this hand is 70% but my W$aSD is only 35%. Obviously i am taking this hand too far. However, my question is really how powerful is KQo? Should i be reraising it against TAGs? What do you guys think of this hand?
Old 07-10-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: How good is KQo?

excuse me, what i meant to say was - allright, so i have NOW lost $1,025 with KQo after having it over 300 times at 5/10 6 max - a major leak that i would like to fix. My PFR with this hand is 70% but my W$aSD is only 35%. Obviously i am taking this hand too far. However, my question is really how powerful is KQo? Should i be reraising it against TAGs? What do you guys think of this hand?
Old 07-10-2005, 11:48 PM

In my opinion its a bad hand.
In a normal ring game i only play the hand from late position by limping in, ocassionally raising only if im in the blinds and the action has folded to me, or rarely from mid position by limping in.

The reason i dislike the hand so much and lose alot of money with KQo is because when i limp in from mid or late position and i am faced with a raise i usually find myself dominated if not behind by hands a typical player would raise with;

these include AK, AQ, AJ, QQ, KK, AA.

However I know you cannot always be scared of the big pairs, yet even if you get 1 or 2 callers and the flop comes something along the lines of:

A K x or A Q x or K Q J.

The reason i hate it is because i usually raise and get re raised and fine myself up against a better hand
Old 07-11-2005, 12:02 AM

Here's a tip, don't ever limp KQo, or any big offsuited broadways. Its a deathwish. This hand must be raised if opened (like any hand), and if you can't raise it you shouldn't be playing it.

Don't be results oriented, KQo is a solid hand, no AK, but it should be a winner in the long term.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:48 AM

do you think it's a 3-betting hand in most situation?

i open-raise any position with KQo and AJo or raise any number of limpers. i've been toying with 3 betting them as well - pushing it?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:01 AM

Old 07-11-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pushing it?

[/ QUOTE ] A bit. It shouldn't be an auto 3-bet but should definitely be three-bet against a steal.

Edit: This hand is an easy fold in a full ring when there's a EP-MP raise in front of you from a TAG or from some air-tights at 6 max.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:17 AM

I'm running better than ddubois with KQo at 5/10 it seems. I am more aggressive with it, raising more often. I often 3-bet this hand preflop against most raisers. I also raise it out of the blinds with limpers, although with a lot of limpers I just call. KQo is a very good hand, although I suspect that very few of us have enough hands for real statistical significance with individual hands. In any case, it is my highest earning offsuit hand that does not contain an ace, which is not surprising I guess.

240 times
Win% 51.25
Net $1194.82
BB 0.50/Hand
PFR 87.92%
RFI 42.92
LwPC 2.08
WtSD 48.39
W$SD 46.51
Old 07-11-2005, 02:32 AM

It's good, raise it preflop UTG.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:07 AM

490 times
VPIP 85.51
PFR 71.63
+$1210.49
0.25BB/100

I typically fold this to a raise unless I am in a blind.

I've won twice as much with KQo as with AJo. 500 hands is nothing. Keep playing it.