Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 12:32 PM

Default The key to rebuy supersatellites is not to put in a lot of rebuys

All I want to do is get through the rebuy period. Then I can take chips from the fish with big stacks. If not, when the blinds go up, it is easy to steal as a short stack.

I don't think buiding a big stack buys you that much in a supersatellite. In a $5 rebuy on Stars for a $500 tournament, it may be different, but when the ratio of buyin to prize is closer, I don't like to spend a lot.

If you build a big stack in a supersatellite, what can you do with it but try to fold into the money. You can't play aggressively as a big stack.

A lot of the supersatellites on Paradise have 6 minute levels, so the blinds are 400/800/50 in the rebuy period with a 1500 initial buyin. Usually more than 2/3 of the field will be eliminated by the end of the rebuy period and there will be more than twice as many rebuys as initial buyins. It is hard not to put in some rebuys with this structure. However, I try to avoid spending to much.

In general, I don't play rebuy periods loose like some people on this board. In supersatllites, I think it is more important to play tight.