Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

View Poll Results: 4 vs 11
(11) Paul Maguire 39 46.99%
(4) John Madden 44 53.01%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2005, 07:18 AM

Default Re: What\'s worse: Long breakeven streak but never -10 buyins or -50 buyins

where is the -50 buyins in 2 days thing. thats worse. holla
Old 12-15-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: What\'s worse: Long breakeven streak but never -10 buyins or -50 bu

[ QUOTE ]
STFU until something bad actually happens to you, which I hope it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i;ve had both!

so wtf is your problem slim?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 11:14 AM

Easily breakeven over 2 months. 2 months when you 10table is ALOT of sngs, where as losing 50 over a week is nothing that can't be made back the following week.

Going to do a few big days to try and get out of my current rut (bad run + spending = drop down to $11s ouch) and get back to the $33s/$55s. Gotta love 10tabling though, knowing going from 11s to 55s is a few days work [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I guess I wouldn't spend so much if I was 4 tabling.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:33 AM

I find extended periods where you feel you are making good decisions but the board always help the other players are the worst for me.

I'm currently in a very long streak with 10% 1sts. Part of it undoubtedly is me playing poor but most of it is 70% favourite hands not winning close to 70%, 50% not winning close to 50% when ITM etc. So while I still have a profit it is really bothering when it goes on for a month because you expect it to pass each day. And when it doesn't for day after day it starts to get into your head.

I'd take a five day free fall over a 30 day slow drain every time.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I find extended periods where you feel you are making good decisions but the board always help the other players are the worst for me.

I'm currently in a very long streak with 10% 1sts. Part of it undoubtedly is me playing poor but most of it is 70% favourite hands not winning close to 70%, 50% not winning close to 50% when ITM etc. So while I still have a profit it is really bothering when it goes on for a month because you expect it to pass each day. And when it doesn't for day after day it starts to get into your head.

I'd take a five day free fall over a 30 day slow drain every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I find helps me is I keep a scorecard next to my mouse, "Good Beats" and "Bad Beats". When I win or lose a +/- 70% I put a tickmark in the appropriate column. When I total out my session, I factor in my "luck" ratio. Keeps me from getting cocky on heaters and helps take the sting out of -ROI days.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:47 PM

Sorry. That wasn't meant to be as bad as it sounds. I just had one of those nights last night where I was thinking "This is the worst thing that could ever happen... etc. etc." and then realized there were other ways the situation easily could have turned out that were about 100 times worse. I was trying to share that perspective but it came out sounding like more of a personal attack, so I'm sorry for that.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:24 PM