Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Provigil (Modavigil) -- now that its out there

Paul Phillips' Modafinil endorsement has been brought up on an eithical level already.

I just want to know if the stuff works.

Does anyone who doesn't have narcolepsy or sleep apnea use Provigil? Does anyone use it occassionally for motivation and focus?

I'm skeptical of any wonder drug, but the more I read about this stuff, the more I think it could help me.

Just curious ...
Old 07-11-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Provigil (Modavigil) -- now that its out there

I use to have a sleeping problem because of a medical problem I had. They gave me some provigil to help me finish my current semester.

It does really help you stay awake and keep focus. You could easily stay up for 36 hours without ever feeling tired or losing focus. It probably would help alot in these long tournaments.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:50 AM

Default Re: Provigil (Modavigil) -- now that its out there

[ QUOTE ]
Paul Phillips' Modafinil endorsement has been brought up on an eithical level already.

I just want to know if the stuff works.

Does anyone who doesn't have narcolepsy or sleep apnea use Provigil? Does anyone use it occassionally for motivation and focus?

I'm skeptical of any wonder drug, but the more I read about this stuff, the more I think it could help me.

Just curious ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it works, even if you don't have narcolepsy or other sleeping problems. I know people who have used it to help them stay up and study, so surely it would help you if normally you would become drowsy. It has (so far) been proven safe to use and won't alter your normal sleep cycle or cause rebound sleepiness or withdrawal symptoms.

Whether it's ethical, I don't know, I guess it's similar to taking someone's Ritalin. But for some other people a Red Bull might have a similar effect.