Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-31-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: OOT New Year\'s Eve Plans

[ QUOTE ]
I just found out cab rides are free in St. Louis tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, pretty sweet
got my fingers crossed that nyc will pick up this awesome concept

how did the city do this? are they paying all cabbies some lump-sum to stay out for free? curious as to the logistics
Old 12-31-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just found out cab rides are free in St. Louis tonight,

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so awesome. Who's funding this, government?
In the greater toronto area we have free bus rides all night, but a cab would be so much sweeter.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:17 PM

Getting together with friends about 30 minutes away from home. Should be fuuunnnn. I won't get drunk though [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] but I rarely get drunk so I doubt I'll miss much.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As stated in a previous thread, NYE is the gay. Dinner party with Dad's friends like every year. He's a sick cook, so its always good. His last name is Castro, and he appropriately has a very good cigar connection. I will most likely have 2 or 3, a bottle of his Johnny Walker Blue (he loves that [censored]), and lose 2 or 3 hundred bucks to him playing pool on his ridiculously pimp table. I will show off my Arnold pictures, accidently make a refference to my GF's sexual habits with her standing right behind me, and be told that I'm being a retart by my mom while getting a high five from my dad. Same damn thing every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am almost embarrassed to be white

[/ QUOTE ]

You've made a good argument and highlighted some very important points. Nice post.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:20 PM

I dropped my phone in the toilet and lost all my phone numbers. I can't get in touch with anyone so I'll probably stay home and watch TV.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just found out cab rides are free in St. Louis tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, pretty sweet
got my fingers crossed that nyc will pick up this awesome concept

how did the city do this? are they paying all cabbies some lump-sum to stay out for free? curious as to the logistics

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure on specifics, I know that not every cab co is doing this, but a few are (for sure, laclede cab). I think the city is reimbursing them somewhat, but Im not positive.
I just got this info from a friend, was very pleased.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:25 PM

starting about 9PM, i will be getting [censored]. up.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As stated in a previous thread, NYE is the gay. Dinner party with Dad's friends like every year. He's a sick cook, so its always good. His last name is Castro, and he appropriately has a very good cigar connection. I will most likely have 2 or 3, a bottle of his Johnny Walker Blue (he loves that [censored]), and lose 2 or 3 hundred bucks to him playing pool on his ridiculously pimp table. I will show off my Arnold pictures, accidently make a refference to my GF's sexual habits with her standing right behind me, and be told that I'm being a retart by my mom while getting a high five from my dad. Same damn thing every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am almost embarrassed to be white

[/ QUOTE ]

You've made a good argument and highlighted some very important points. Nice post.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't think i needed to go into detail, but since you insist i will point on the lamest part of your evening.

getting a high five from your dad after making a joke about your GF with her in the vicinity (while smoking a cigar) just screams of higher society lameness.

does mr castro have black/Hispanic servants? that would be really cool! maybe you can make them feel inferior in front of your GF to feed your JR republican ego.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:34 PM

"I love Wisconsin. I perform here a lot because I've discovered that you apparently have a Federal grant for drinking.

You're insane. You pay less for liquor than anybody in the country. What do you -- how? I don't know if you're using that farm subsidy money or if you're hijacking liquor trucks, but this is insane.

How do you know when it's New Year's? What's the difference? I've been in bars here and it's like New Year's every [censored] night! "Uh, New Years... that's when we drink with hats on."

And remember this: You are not -- you are not alcoholics. You... and my hat is off... are professionals."

- Lewis Black

In other words, I will be getting smashed. And wearing a hat.

Plans:

Drink while picking up my apartment and playing Super Mario World - 30 minutes ago
Pre-bar with about 5-6 close friends at my place - 9:30ish Central
Hit the bars - 10:30ish Central
After-bar somewhere with same group of friends - 2:30ish Central

Wake up tomorrow - 2 or 3 PM
Old 12-31-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dropped my phone in the toilet and lost all my phone numbers. I can't get in touch with anyone so I'll probably stay home and watch TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

you [censored].

for you and other 2+2ers in NOVA, I'm probably heading up to carpool in ballston. should be good times.

edit: wtf. dumb ass is [censored]?

edit2: oh yeah, less whining more myspace report [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]