Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2005, 04:39 AM

Default beating a low stakes tourney

Sup 2+2ers, this is my 1st post on this forum. I have been playing alot of poker this year pretty much every day trying to master it, only started playing tournaments recently trying to get my 1st win. I find that making moves in them is my biggest downfall, as I often see some players limping with A8o trash and when they limp i get creative and isolate raise them and try to take the pot on the flop, problem is trhey dont fold. Should I eliminate moves like this in these low buyin tournies? 2nd question : I read Harrington on holdem and he seems to advocate making alot of moves with hands like A7 etc when the blinds get high but this is the type of thing that ends up my undoing. Someone always has a hand and I lose. I have the solid fundamentals absolutely down and Im sure If i played best hand poker Id at least make it in the money alot but trying to grab the chip lead by getting extremely aggressive is my downfall. Any advice on how to beat these cheap tournies like 10 dollar or lower would be appreciated. I really just need to hear someone to tell me to just play my cards.

Thanks