Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 04:43 PM

Default The new \"Berlin Wall\" to be dividing US and MEXICO

[ QUOTE ]
Mexico Criticizes U.S. Immigration Bill for Security Focus
Measure Would OK Partial Fence on Border, Impact Worker Permits
By IOAN GRILLO, AP

MEXICO CITY (Dec. 17) - The Mexican government slammed the U.S. Congress for approving an immigration bill that would tighten border controls and make it harder for undocumented immigrants to get jobs.

The House of Representatives voted 239-182 in favor of measures that would enlist military and local law enforcement to help stop illegal entrants and require employers to verify the legal status of their workers.

The House also authorized the building of a fence along parts of the U.S.-Mexico border, but did not include any new temporary work program for migrants, something Mexico insists is needed.

"The government of Mexico ... believes that a reform which only considers security measures will not contribute to a better, more integral bilateral management of migration issues," the Foreign Relations department said in a statement.

"The U.S. executive branch publicly expressed its commitment to an integral immigration reform, with a new program for temporary workers," the statement continued. "The Mexican government will redouble its efforts to achieve this shared goal."

President Bush urged Congress almost two years ago to enact a guest worker program that would allow illegal immigrants to stay in the country temporarily to fill jobs unwanted by Americans.

House leaders wouldn't allow a vote on a volatile proposal to deny citizenship to babies born in the United States to illegal immigrants.

But the House did approve building 700 miles of fence along the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border, giving priority for construction in Laredo, Texas. The city is across the border from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, where warring drug cartels have been blamed for more than 140 killings this year.

Mexico argues existing barriers built along heavily crossed sections of the border have not stopped migrants from crossing, rather have pushed them through more desolate, dangerous areas.

A record number of more than 415 people died crossing the border illegally in 2005, according to statistics from the U.S. Border Patrol for the fiscal year ending Sept. 30. That compares to the previous record of 383 deaths in 2000.

Mexico's National Human Rights Commission described the U.S. measure as "part of a tendency to criminalize migration with a wall that calls to mind the Berlin Wall."

As well as building a wall, the bill would require the Defense and Homeland Security departments to design a plan to use military technology to stop illegal crossings and require all employers in the country, more than 7 million, to check the legal status of workers.

U.S. authorities estimate there are about 11 million undocumented migrants in the United States, about half of whom are Mexican.

Associated Press Writer Olga Rodriguez contributed to this story from Monterrey.

12/17/05 01:10 EST

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect I would just like to say being of Mexican decent or not this is complete and utter [censored]. Who do you think will be put to work on these walls? Exactly!

It doesn’t infuriate me as much as it belittles this country. I understand the crimes being committed by drug cartels, so what is stopping them from putting bombs in the water surrounding Florida?

Why is it that regardless of all the crimes committed those that committed the biggest crimes against humanity is forever and always will be overshadowed by the Latin community?

Hell I'm Mexican/American and it proves a vital asset to me in my everyday life.

This isn’t some black power, vote for pedro run on either. I’m not here to complain and make excuses for my race but the “Berlin Wall” type construction will just make it worse.

[ QUOTE ]
As well as building a wall, the bill would require the Defense and Homeland Security departments to design a plan to use military technology to stop illegal crossings and require all employers in the country, more than 7 million, to check the legal status of workers.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a waste of money that could be put to better use.

[ QUOTE ]
House leaders wouldn't allow a vote on a volatile proposal to deny citizenship to babies born in the United States to illegal immigrants.

[/ QUOTE ]

That alone saved all there asses from going to hell. Are we going to deny anyones child citizenship? Black. brown, orange, pink or mother [censored] green there born here they are god damn American people.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: The new \"Berlin Wall\" to be dividing US and MEXICO

Politico, amigo.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:48 PM

INS notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, nice.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:51 PM

Mexican decent or not has nothing to do with this.

Also, 2 million illegal immagrants a year just flowing into this country...and you don't see a problem with it? THink outside of your heretige for a minute, and look at the facts.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:52 PM

Wouldn't the new "Berlin Wall" be in Berlin? I'm struggling with your thread title. So, in the previously united body of Mexistates, or United Sexico, or whatever we called ourselves, the commies liberated half of us from fascists and the canadians took care of the rest? Now a lone outpost of canadian sponsored democracy, in an island of Soviet communism, is split in two?
Okay, I get it now.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:53 PM

"I would just like to say being of Mexican decent."

I like all you people talking about decent Mexicans--there are the good, the bad, and the decent.

Me personally, I'm of mixed decent.

"
Mexican decent or not has nothing to do with this."

There are no decent mexicans. I thought we covered this.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I would just like to say being of Mexican decent."

I like all you people talking about decent Mexicans--there are the good, the bad, and the decent.

Me personally, I'm of mixed decent.

"
Mexican decent or not has nothing to do with this."

There are no decent mexicans. I thought we covered this.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, yeah i was just typeing away. must say though you made me laugh on both your posts and that was great.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
make excuses for my race

[/ QUOTE ]

You're making excuses for every european and european descended person? Unless you mean indians from mexico...