Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-07-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Second-guessing myself

1) I do the same, we might go broke but 99 is too good to fold with 5BB imo.

2) I do not like this one, I think you are up against a better ace or a small pair far too often for it to be good, and he will basically always call.

3) I raise the JJ preflop, looks like you got an ugly flop that made someone a good hand and you couldn't get away from the jacks. I suspect I'm away from accepted 2+2 strategy though.

4) Marginal, neither great or bad.

5) I think this is fine.

6) This guy min-raised twice, I can guaranteed he had AA, I call the raise to 170 (given the option) and fold without hittting a Q.

Regards Mack
Old 12-07-2005, 08:25 PM

Well, I can't say I have no reads at all, but you might have a point. Now the question is: should I keep 9-tabling until I get used to it or move down to 6?

I went through a LOT of HHs today. There are a few hands I don't like, but nothing awful (one hand on tilt set aside). There's a LOT of bad luck too. Since 9-tabling is new to me, it's hard to know exactly what's causing the bad run.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only ways I can see 9-tabling $11's as a good exercise is if your "normal" game is higher and you are simply working on multitabling skills, or if you are in the midst of some type of bankroll recovery exercise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.