Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 05:25 AM

Default Games are crazy right now

NL200 and NL400 at Empire.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Games are crazy right now

even the NL25 tables are super fishy right now. for the last 4 days the amount of money on the small tables has been insane, and taking it has been rediculously easy. wonder whats up
Old 10-16-2005, 07:23 AM

Lol, thats strange. I had a different experience over the last days. I play 50NL 6max and during the week I didn't notice a difference in play between the pre- and post-split tables.
BUT
On Friday evening (European time) tables started to get super-tight. Less than 50% of hands even saw the flop. It was crazy. It continued the whole Saturday that way. Basically the tightest 50NL tables I've ever seen anywhere.
Then I logged on today in the morning and all the maniacs were back again. But after two hours of play they tightened up again (guess all the drunk and tilting americans went to sleep at the time).
Old 10-16-2005, 08:44 AM

Think I'll take a look.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:48 AM

I play in a 25$ bye in table now... The highest VPIP I see is 31% and the next has 24% so I think it is preaty tight...

Edit: the one with 31% left so the highest has 24% now..
Old 10-16-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play in a 25$ bye in table now... The highest VPIP I see is 31% and the next has 24% so I think it is preaty tight...

Edit: the one with 31% left so the highest has 24% now..

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not scratching around enough.

I play at PP and keep 10 tables open at once. Once the table that I'm at tightens up (I define this as either average VP$IP under 25% and/or the absence of any obvious fish), I move on to the next one.

In general, its not hard to find tables with a sustained +30%, although many of those will also have a maniac or two, which will also increase average PFR%. Playing 4-5 hours a day (especially late at night), you can often find a table with a sustained average over 40%, though tables that loose are unstable and will only last until the current maniac or calling station gets busted out.

The other thing to be aware of is composition of the opponents. You're much better off at a table with 1-2 really loose players and a bunch of rocks than you are at one where all the players are slightly more loose than you (e.g. VP$IP on everyone is in the low 30s). In the former case, you can mercilessly re-raise to isolate and then value bet some scrappier hands. In the latter, you pretty much have to just wait for good hands.

If you've been watching other tables in the meantime, your PT stats will be ready and waiting for you when you hop to another table, so you're really only paying for the 1 BB post and maybe 5 seconds to switch tables (I always stick around until the blinds come around, no matter how tight the table is); make better use of that fact.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:14 AM

I take personal responsibility for loosening up the 100nl tables.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:55 PM

i proably shoudve said i was playing on party, and not empire. last night was great though... i landed at 2 tables with average pots over $20!