Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 12:26 PM

Default nearly a wheel but 5th didn\'t do it for me

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (7.30 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

5th Street - (15.65 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (21.65 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

I've run into these situations before (4 to a great low/straight) and want to know if I'm doing it right. I figure 3rd and 4th are standard (comments welcome though). 5th I brick with a great low draw. Only one person has a possible low and its a pretty rough 86. There are three 5's left and two 6's. I'd even be pleased to see one of the four 7's hit my hand. Given the size of the pot (my fault), I think a call on 5th is in order. 6th however, is where I think a fold would be more prudent. I'm down to 4 good outs (fives and sixes) and 3 ok ones (sevens). When it's two to call, is this a fold?

I figured the pot odds were close at the time and just doing the calculations now off the hand history I have 4 outs in 24 unseen cards (assuming sevens are worthless which is not necessarily a good assumption). 5:1 to make my hand, the pot is offering 6.4:1 for the low. Who folds with that knowledge? (I'm not even considering winning hi with the wheel, I just don't think it will happen if I hit).
Old 08-24-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: nearly a wheel but 5th didn\'t do it for me

why dont you think the wheel will win hi?

i probably play this wrong, but i go ahead and bet 5th when i have an awesome low draw, just to keep pressure on the rough low draws or rough made lows. on 6th a call is fine, you've made it this far and you've still got a chance of scooping.

edit: oh i didnt look at the board. 45678. fair enough. i still call.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why dont you think the wheel will win hi?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 3 other players who look like they either have, or are drawing to better straights. The guy who won, with a straight, was not any of those I thought was going for one.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:57 PM

seat 2?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:04 PM

seat 8, 9-K. He rivered it.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:10 PM

I probably bet 5th, or check raise and would call on 6th. If you hit any low card you probably have half the pot (would rather see a 7 than an 8 obviously)