Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2003, 01:25 AM

Default How do you make cheeseburgers?

So, I've decided to buy one of the deluxe grills, so maybe this won't be an issue then.

But until I actually get that purchased....

How do you fellow George Foreman grill owners make cheeseburgers with the standard grill? When my burger is almost done, I put some cheese on it then kind of hold the top part of the grill over the burger until the cheese melts. This works really well, but it seems like a somewhat primitive technique and I'm not sure that George would approve.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-13-2003, 02:39 AM

Default Re: George Foreman Grill

Okay, I don't mean to be a prick, but I'm curious as to why the George Foreman over a regular grill and if maybe you have both? Is it because you have no where to put/use a regular grill? For its fat eliminating capabilites? Ease of use? Cost? Better taste? I'm just curious because as a student I have neither a Foreman or a regular grill, but I know as soon as I get my own place one of the very first things I'm doing is getting a grill, maybe I'll get both if its worth it, I know the Foreman's are pretty cheap.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:40 AM

Default Re: How do you make cheeseburgers?

Finishing it off in the microwave might work. Probably less messy.
Old 12-13-2003, 02:41 AM

throw it in a microwave after grilling

i for one have never been a fan of the cheeseburger.. i just really don't think a slice of cheese enhances a burger all that much. i'd rather have something like sauteed mushrooms and onions on a burger, or bleu cheese or bbq sauce... love the outback baby
Old 12-13-2003, 03:04 AM

Default Re: George Foreman Grill

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I don't mean to be a prick, but I'm curious as to why the George Foreman over a regular grill and if maybe you have both? Is it because you have no where to put/use a regular grill?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have a regular grill as well.

[ QUOTE ]
For its fat eliminating capabilites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I think that is overrated. Especially if you buy cuts of meat that are pretty lean in the first place.

[ QUOTE ]
Ease of use?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Here's how you grill a piece of beef, chicken, fish, etc. Turn on the grill. Wait a couple of minutes for it to warm up. Toss the meat on the grill. Cook it in less time than any other method (see grilling charts in one of my previous charts). Eat the juicy and delicious meat (or vegetable or whatever else you want to cook).

[ QUOTE ]
maybe I'll get both if its worth it, I know the Foreman's are pretty cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real grills are cool for when you're having a BBQ or something. But for just cooking some everyday food, the George Foreman grill rules. Especially if you're lazy.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finishing it off in the microwave might work. Probably less messy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm... Microwave. That is somewhat ingenious. But I'm not sure George would approve of putting the perfectly grilled meat into the microwave. Still, I guess it's not very long. I think this might be the only flaw of the George Foreman grill. In a regular grill, you can just stick stuff on top and the ambient heat will melt it. Maybe the George Foreman grill needs some sort of "melting prop stand" or something.

As for the messiness, with a sponge, cleanup of the Foreman grill is trivial no matter what you cook.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
throw it in a microwave after grilling

i for one have never been a fan of the cheeseburger.. i just really don't think a slice of cheese enhances a burger all that much. i'd rather have something like sauteed mushrooms and onions on a burger, or bleu cheese or bbq sauce... love the outback baby

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you do know that blue cheese is cheese right? Just wondering. I'm a big fan of cheeseburgers, but I hear what you're saying. Here in California, we're pretty much at the epicenter of putting all sorts of stuff on burgers. I'm a big fan of cheese on burgers, but also like BBQ burgers, onions, mushrooms, etc. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anyway, I'm really drunk right now. Went to a Christmas party, then came home and played a couple of hours of online poker. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Won $300 and realized it was not really actually that good of an idea. Now off w/ some friends for a second round of drinking.

Thanks for the burger suggestions.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:09 AM

Default PS

You know what else rules? Blue cheese melted on potato chips. Buckhead Diner in Atlanta does it the best, but you can figure it out yourself. Awesome.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you fellow George Foreman grill owners make cheeseburgers with the standard grill?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just flip the top up and put on the cheese. As long as it's plugged in it's on (a flaw imo) and there's plenty of heat to melt a piece of cheese.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:11 AM

Default Mike\'s at the yard

[ QUOTE ]
Here in California, we're pretty much at the epicenter of putting all sorts of stuff on burgers. I'm a big fan of cheese on burgers, but also like BBQ burgers, onions, mushrooms, etc. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've gotta go to Mike's if you're ever in the North bay during the day. The best burgers I've ever had. Plus, it's at the cattle auction yard in Petaluma so you know the beef's fresh.
http://www.mikesburgers.com/Yard.htm