Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Question for counters

I have been considering learning the count systems available on bj21.com, but there was a couple things I was curious about.

For one, I know that online blackjack is getting big. Is it possible to run a count on the online decks or are they shuffled after every hand? Have any of you succesfully done this, and if so, have you been banned from these sites for having a +EV game (which should tell them you are counting)

I also read some of the articles about ROR and deviation and such, but they were written in highly technical terms and I did not understand the bottom line of some of what they were saying. What would the bankroll requirements be for running a say 5-50 dollar spread? When I say requirements, I mean an amount of money that theoretically would not be extinguished while using a counting method with perfect strategy. Does this make sense? One thing in one of the articles that stuck out in my mind was how a writer (mathprof I think) showed how that Blackjack has wild swings with deviation, but after a certain number of hands, the overall odds always surpass variance.

I am sorry if this sounds ignorant. I have tried to read as much as I could lately on the websites you all have mentioned, but I have not been able to find answers to these questions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve