Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 10:27 AM

Default 99 - (Content????)

CO is an average TAG.
SB is just average.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Just dumb?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: 99 - (Content????)

I don't get the check/call on the turn. Were you folding the river "UI" (where in this case you "improved" to a flush)? Were you afraid TAG CO was tricky enough to bluff/raise the turn?

Otherwise, standard.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:46 AM

I don't get the turn. Were you trying to convince CO you had the Ac? Did you give up on the turn and then decide to clarkmeister the river (treating BB like he's not there)?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:57 AM

bet turn?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:12 PM

Bet turn. And yes, bet river. Clarkmeister theorem.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong...not HU. This should be a c/f. And bet turn.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong...not HU. This should be a c/f. And bet turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong. why ck/fold?? he may have the best hand and betting may fold a small flush.

It's been theorized that the highest average EV is to bet any 4-flushed board that becomes 4-flushed on the river OOP no matter what your holding is.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:03 PM

I would have bet the turn. Really, I dont think its that big a deal, there is no strenght showing so you probably wouldnt have picked up much more.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:18 PM

The CO should bet just about anything when checked to in this situation. All I've done is raised preflop and continuation bet paired board. A bluff raise was a possibility.

I called the turn getting 8.5:1 planning on betting the river on any 9 or Q and bluffing any 2, 5, or [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I've got an 10.5:1 chance of hitting a 9 or Q. And a good chance of making up 2BB on the river when I do hit. So if he does have a flush, my call is ~neutral EV.

So how often does my bluff have to work on the river to make the whole play profitable?

Is there a 10% chance of folding CO considering what we are representing? Does the clarkmeister have a 10% chance in this situation?

Or is it still just dumb?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:02 PM

I never check that turn. If they have the flush, they will most likely raise you. You can then fold. However, if you check, the low-limit donk kids will automatically interpret this as weakness, and bet out every time. These kids disregard how many people are in the hand when they bluff; you're giving him the opportunity to. Bet the turn.