Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Who are you?

I get this PM from an individual with 1 post ever....

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Your post dec 13th

Hi there, nice to see a fellow Paradise player on here, Just being curiouso you play the 50s on Paradise? If so, who are you? Im bound to recognise your alias and youll probably know me (this isn't my alias on there) =)
If you don't want to share your identity (which I totally respect) just tell me to shut the f up and i won't bother you.

Regards..

[/ QUOTE ]

...I gave the eprson about an hour to at least identify who they were first, but no reply. So now I'm making this public.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Who are you?

1. Im at work so I had no opportunity to answer within an hour, and I didn't know that was the default time limit.

2. I didn't realize that asking who someone were was so offensive, I was just happy to see someone playing on my site to maybe share some thoughts with. Had I stopped to think about it I probably would have realized it was stupid [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

3. I said it quite clearly that there was no need to tell me anything if you didnt feel like it.

4. Sorry about asking =(

/Rotmos (the Idiot)
Old 12-13-2005, 02:21 PM

Sounds like a new poster trying to start a conversation about some common ground. Why are you being so bizarro about it?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:40 PM

Sry. The asking wasn't the part that had me "bizzaro". It was the 1 post and recently registered that had me thinking it was a false identity in order to simply figure out who am I on that site for targeting my game.

PM your screen name and we can talk.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:32 PM

Here's another I just got:

"Hello,

I saw a lot of your posts and I know that you play in th biggest stars and party games.
I wonder if you can tell me what is your sn on both sites ?
If they are secret its no problem Iam just asking.
You probably know mine by now but just in case you miss me I offer them in exchange

Best wishes "

Here's a clue for anyone who ever asks me something like this: Screw You. I go to great lengths to hide my screen names and mask my play on all the sites I play on. That means I have multiple accounts on each site, some in the names of close relatives, so that my regular opponents aren't able to as easily get a clear line on my play. And that is also the reason I never post my hand histories here.

I have nothing to gain by sharing that info, but could stand to lose. So even if you are just "curious" and not trying to get a read on my play when I play with you, my answer is still, SCREW YOU.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:44 PM

Lol BluffTHIS [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ok ok. I wont ask anymore. The thing is thta many high stakes player dont have that strict policy and they are happy to share their sn's with other players in their games. Nothing wrong with asking I think.

Good luck at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is thta many high stakes player dont have that strict policy and they are happy to share their sn's with other players in their games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why didn't you give yours in that post?

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but I don't rely on luck, though of course I am always willing to take it.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then why didn't you give yours in that post?

[/ QUOTE ]

My policy is that Iam happy to exchange my sn's not give them away. I did it with various 10/20 players and we are not disclosing each other's sns to others.
Unfortunately I made a mistake of announcing my PS sn some time ago so its not secret at all now.
If you are interested I am bluecalm. Having read on me from posts on this site is close to impossible because I dont post about strategy issues too often.

Ok that's all about the topic. No hard feelings.

Best wishes
Old 12-13-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize that asking who someone were was so offensive, I was just happy to see someone playing on my site to maybe share some thoughts with. Had I stopped to think about it I probably would have realized it was stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

It isnt offensive and perfectly normal that 2 people playing on the same site in the same games want to exchanges sn's and talk about games/opponents etc.
Some people want to do that some dont. Some as BluffTHIS are enjoying their super secret hiding game by founding multiple accounts etc (which is ***REMINDER*** cheating according to T&C).
I think its laughable and I dont care about such practices as I dont think one can benefit from them.
I care about reaction to sn's exchange offer though. I think BluffTHIS and OP shouldnt make PM's public and as its not harmful in any way for me I think this behaviour is just rude.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:21 PM

Multiple accounts, though a violation of various sites' T&C is not cheating unless used for the purpose of cheating. Since I don't log onto different accounts for the same site at the same time, and would never cheat anyway, I don't really care about their T&C in this regard. Also the sites would prevent such a player from sitting at the same table anyway due to IP logging (although I am sure someone could figure out a way around it).

I realize that you did not mean anything offensive by asking, nor probably did the person who asked the OP, but it simply is not in my best interests. And although I refuse generally to participate in posts here (mostly occurs in the NL forums) where posters insist on giving other players' screen names, you can always describe a certain player's play and ask in a post here how to play against it in general or in specific situations.
Closed Thread