Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 07-31-2005, 05:55 AM

Default I need to move my tournament play to the next level

Hi.

I really feel I need to advance my play to a higher level. I even know some of the things I need to do, but am having trouble actually doing them. For starters I'm not aggressive enough - which I guess is probably the most important change I can make? I play tight and conservative (weak I guess), and hardly even want to put all my chips at risk. I don't semi-bluff enough, and often get out of a pot once someone has shown strength - which I guess means I'm easy to bluff. I'm very reluctant to enter a pot once there's a raise, even with position, and I rarely reraise, except with the top hands. I harly ever get a load of chips early and most of the time I end up playing a short stack and get into push/fold mode. In the few occasions I get plenty of chips early on I'm reluctant to use them to aquire more chips - maybe I'm more worried about losing them (because I have more to lose?). I guess I know what I need to do - it's just the doing it that's the problem.

I started keeping records at the start of the year and have played 213 money-for-money MTTs so far. I've spent ~$4000 so far but am showing a profit of only ~$467. My ITM is ~18%, with ~7% final tables. I also keep a score base on my place vs entrants (where 0.0 means first out, and 1.0 means a win). My average score is ~0.7, which basically means on average I've outlasted 70% of the field. Can any conclusions be drawn from these stats?

Cheers.