Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Mitsubishi Eclipse

I need a new car and I'm not exactly a big ballah like some of you are. Today while out looking, I came across a pretty good deal for a 2000 Eclipse. I really didn't want to buy a car that old, but it only has 25k miles on it and the thing was spotless. I'm really considering pulling the trigger on it on Tuesday and wondered if anyone had any opinions/information they would like to share on the car?
Old 07-02-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Mitsubishi Eclipse

Girl's car?

-Craig
Old 07-02-2005, 07:55 PM

NOT Rocks & Rings.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:57 PM

I really liked the second generation Eclipses and two friends in college had them and loved them. I have an '03 (third gen.) and I like it a lot. The new '06 is pretty nice too.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really liked the second generation Eclipses and two friends in college had them and loved them. I have an '03 (third gen.) and I like it a lot. The new '06 is pretty nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard the notion that they are a girls car... I really don't care because I like the car and that's all that matters.

For someone who owns an Eclipse, you're probably best to answer this question. I test drove another car at a different dealership and of course he was trying to convince me not to get the Eclipse. One of the things he said was my insurance would skyrocket. Right now I'm 24 so I still use my parents policy because it's cheap, but when I turn 25 I'll have to get my own policy. Am I going to be paying out the ass to insure this car?

I did a couple price quotes on the internet and it didn't look any different from a Protege which was another car I was looking at. I figured if there was a big difference, I'd see it between those 2 cars. Even though it looks sporty, it's still only a 4 cylinder so I can't imagine getting raped by insurance.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:05 PM

when considering the final price, don't forget to factor in all of the stickers (TYPE R, NEUSPEED, etc.), the cost of the racing stripe, and perhaps the price of your wheels.

also, maybe the set of lights that goes underneath the car and makes the ground a blue color.

edit: and the spoiler on the back and your nitrous oxide setup, of course.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:06 PM

What's your price range?
Old 07-02-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when considering the final price, don't forget to factor in all of the stickers (TYPE R, NEUSPEED, etc.), the cost of the racing stripe, and perhaps the price of your wheels.

also, maybe the set of lights that goes underneath the car and makes the ground a blue color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he change his post to say Honda Civic or Acura?
Old 07-02-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he change his post to say Honda Civic or Acura?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't believe so. I just always had the perception that this kind of car was a favorite of the fast and furious, so to speak
Old 07-02-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your price range?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to spend no more than 10k retail so I have a trade-in for 2k and then add 9k cash after tax and title.

The Eclipse I looked at was listed at 14.5k, lowered to 11.5k, my 2k trade-in and then I'm sure I can get them down another .5-1k so I'm hitting my mark.