Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 06-03-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Most efficient way to withdraw from PP to the UK?

Hi folks,

Just started playing at party and so far so good, except that the bank want to take a month to clear their cheques and charge a fee on top. Just wandering how other UK players repatriate their winnings. Will banks take a cut on netteller transactions and if so is it heinous? Am I just with the wrong bank? I know the obvious answer is to ask the bank(s) but I'd rather have the correct answer...

Any help appreciated.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Most efficient way to withdraw from PP to the UK?

Withdrawls to your Maestro (Switch) debit card are free of charge, give a good exchange rate and the money reaches your account within a couple of days.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:25 AM

withdrawal to switch by a mile.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:02 AM

I like First Direct (for Maestro card).
Old 06-03-2005, 06:11 AM

I do it straight to my switch card, it takes 2 days to clear to the account no currency fees at all.

Mack
Old 06-03-2005, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi folks,

Just started playing at party and so far so good, except that the bank want to take a month to clear their cheques and charge a fee on top. Just wandering how other UK players repatriate their winnings. Will banks take a cut on netteller transactions and if so is it heinous? Am I just with the wrong bank? I know the obvious answer is to ask the bank(s) but I'd rather have the correct answer...

Any help appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bank won't matter. If you live in the UK and withdraw dollars out of your neteller account, neteller will convert it and send you a check in pounds. You walk that to the bank, no fees.

Why would the bank want to charge a fee, take a month? My neteller checks are drawn on Barclays UK.

I'm sure that some kind of electronic solution is better but my bank only has electron which doesn't work with any of them.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The bank won't matter. If you live in the UK and withdraw dollars out of your neteller account, neteller will convert it and send you a check in pounds. You walk that to the bank, no fees.

Why would the bank want to charge a fee, take a month? My neteller checks are drawn on Barclays UK.

I'm sure that some kind of electronic solution is better but my bank only has electron which doesn't work with any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except Neteller will rip you off big time on their exchange fees!!
Old 06-03-2005, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but that's going to happen anyway unless you can transfer it through Multi or something. Their ATM is worse. The check rate isn't horrible.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have set up my neteller acc. in US$ not GBP so at least I don't lose in every transaction due to exchange rates. But for PP, Switch is the best option.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have set up my neteller acc. in US$ not GBP so at least I don't lose in every transaction due to exchange rates. But for PP, Switch is the best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, me too. Although if you did order a check to the UK from your neteller USD account, I'm assuming that it would arrive in GBP as mine does. That's what I was trying to communicate to the OP.