Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-23-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Cold-Cards

[ QUOTE ]
You may just be a [gasp] losing player. If you've played 20-30 SNG games up to this point and have only cashed in one of them this may be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take out the maybe. If these are single table SnGs 20-30 without 1 cash is statistically signficant, when the expected number of cashes is 8 or 9.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may just be a [gasp] losing player. If you've played 20-30 SNG games up to this point and have only cashed in one of them this may be the case. It's hard to say for certain without a larger sample.

What books have you read and what do you plan to read? Do you feel you have any strong points to your game? Anything you know you need to work on?

It's good to figure out where you stand and analyze your own play. Try to figure out where your leaks are and plug them. I know from your previous posts that you have PT - go through your hand histories in the replayer and analyze your own play.

I notice you've made a lot of hand posts in the SSSH forum but nothing here yet. Any reason why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have cashed in more than just that one. In fact, for awhile, when I was playing SNG (single table), I was winning 3-4 at a time. That was when I was trying to find a Poker home and so my account was still draining anyways.

Books I have read: Some Ken Warren book that I didn't like too much, Getting Started in Hold Em, Small Stakes Hold Em (reading for the 2nd time), the Psychology of Poker (current).

Plan to read: Hold Em for Advanced Players, the Theory of Poker, Harrington 1 and 2 (after christmas).

And to all the guys who wrote to this post just because they felt it was necessary to bash me in some way, thanks.

But I'm glad to see there were some people who took the time to make it seem like I wasn't the only one. It's frustrating sometimes, but I realized last night that I might be a little too impatient when I'm sitting here at my computer.

After I wrote this post, I tightened up big time on the 2/4 Fixed Limit table and ended up leaving the table with a profit.

Hand posts on SSSH - I was getting help from a friend for awhile and he was having me post on there. That didn't work out and I don't think that short-handed is my type of game. I haven't posted any hands on here yet because I don't know how much I get out of posting my hands. But I will when I feel that I need help on something.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:15 PM

Why does this thread have 41 replies?

42. I am a part of the problem.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're part of the problem of responding to this and not having anything important to say.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:26 PM

hee haw
Old 12-23-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're part of the problem of responding to this and not having anything important to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I click on MTT, see a thread with 40+ replies and wonder what insightful OP might have inspired such a thing. Open it up and find

"Why does it seem like I can never get a good starting hand? Does anybody else ever have this problem?
I played in a MSNG tonight, took 14/45, but I played only 10 hands out of about 50...that isn't good!"

and my first reaction is supposed to be to read the thread and find a way to contribute?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I click on MTT, see a thread with 40+ replies and wonder what insightful OP might have inspired such a thing. Open it up and find

"Why does it seem like I can never get a good starting hand? Does anybody else ever have this problem?
I played in a MSNG tonight, took 14/45, but I played only 10 hands out of about 50...that isn't good!"

and my first reaction is supposed to be to read the thread and find a way to contribute?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or not say anything at all? ---you forgot that one.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was getting great cards. I probably got KQ about 5 times within 20 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I found the problem.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was getting great cards. I probably got KQ about 5 times within 20 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I found the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm done with this thread.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:59 PM

I really don't understand what your problem is.