Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 08:16 PM

Default turn play - 6max

Back to 1/2 for the Empire bonus.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

UTG and Button are typical LAP players and BB is new to the table.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls.

And Hero?
Or would you bet first and what would be the plan then?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: turn play - 6max

The way you played, call. The way I play is bet the flop.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:43 PM

Flop check sucks.

Hard.

Core.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The way I play is bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is this a value bet?
Do you go to showdown with this hand?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop check sucks.

Hard.

Core.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, we are talking about poker here.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:59 PM

Yeah you have to bet the flop.

I would probably raise here as a lot of the 6-max players I've seen are willing to bet without the ace. Button doesn't scare me as he could have almost anything. If you get 3-bet, I call it and check/fold the turn unless another Q or a K hits.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:11 PM

do you automatically check with KK 4-way if the flop has an ace? what about QQ on Kxx, JJ on Qxx? when does it stop?

my plan: bet, call a single raise because you will have the correct odds to call with 5 outs, and check fold the turn if you miss.

if this were 5 way and your bet got 4 callers i'd check fold the turn unimproved.

if you get 2 flop callers i'm leading the turn.

getting 3 callers is kind of a gray area for turn action, as far as i'm concerned, but usually you won't get all 3 calling.

as far as your "are you taking this hand to showdown" question, no good poker player has an answer for that right when he sees the flop. no good poker player thinks, "welp, gotta show this down, but i'm not too happy about it."
Old 09-09-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you automatically check with KK 4-way if the flop has an ace? what about QQ on Kxx, JJ on Qxx? when does it stop?

[/ QUOTE ]

KK is easier to fold when you get raised as you have no outs. Axx is a special flop against loose players as they usually play any Ace.

[ QUOTE ]
as far as your "are you taking this hand to showdown" question, no good poker player has an answer for that right when he sees the flop. no good poker player thinks, "welp, gotta show this down, but i'm not too happy about it."

[/ QUOTE ]

They better have a plan of what to do in the coming streets if they are going to commit their chips.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:03 PM

If KK is easier to fold against a raise, what makes it harder to bet out on this flop with KQ?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KK is easier to fold when you get raised as you have no outs. Axx is a special flop against loose players as they usually play any Ace.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They better have a plan of what to do in the coming streets if they are going to commit their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop bet is an easy value bet. If you get raised, you know you are drawing and can play accordingly -- you call the raise, check/fold turn UI. This is the plan. This is no different than saying "I'm betting QQ on Axx flop, if raised, I fold" -- You have already planned what to do against a raise in both cases, they just happen to be different. Saying "I want to showdown my hand" is way too vague since there's not a lot you can control if both players go bonkers. Your plan should be "If this happens, then I do this". Not "I'm doing X no matter what".