Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 04:06 AM

Default QQ on KKx flop

UTG+2: typical L/P player
MP3: tight, passive player over 30 hands
Button: TAG, solid player, known multi-tabler
SB: loose, moderately aggressive post-flop, does weird things like check-raise an underpair on the flop

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (22 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero ?

My first reaction was, what a horrible flop for me. With that many calling a cap pre-flop, I think it's really likely that either the passive UTG+2 has a king, or someone is slow-playing them. Do I call and reevaluate on the turn?
Old 07-26-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: QQ on KKx flop

Let's see, a loose/passive donk checkraises the pre-flop capper into a field a couple of acres in size. There goes my lunch.

I doubt he's bluffing. He either has Kx or 66. In a smaller pot I might find a fold right then and there, but you now have odds to spike a miracle set... so go for it.

I would probably fold the turn UI and hate myself doing it. Or you could call down and see what suit his K is. That may be weak-tight; I do not think a calldown would be a horrible mistake but the only thing you beat here is a complete bluff.

-K
Old 07-26-2005, 05:13 AM

I call and fold the turn if I don't catch a queen. I'm not putting a L/P on a bluff here.
I'd call down in this big pot if UTG+2 is agressive or unknown.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:52 AM

grunch

I think it is very unlikely that you are ahead now, but the pot ist just too big to fold. You are getting 27-1 for your 2 reasonable clear outs and your implied odds are huge. so i call this on the flop.
If nobody raises and everybody calls, there will be 15BB in the pot on the turn and you can savely check/fold when no queen hits you.
If a queen comes, I would raise/ call the turn.
If it was 3-bet I check/call the river, if not I keep firing.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:05 AM

I think I would fold the turn UI. I can't imagine you being ahead of someone that check raises this flop and a PF 3-bettor very often here.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:08 AM

Call the flop. If everyone calls the check-raise (and you can expect them to in this ginormous pot), there will be 15BB in the pot on the turn. You may actually have enough odds to see the river with this hand and try and catch your Q there too, taking into account implied odds.

So I'd probably call the turn as well.