Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Flopped top trips no kicker

I like the idea of calling the flop raise here and then going for a check/raise on the turn if another [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] doesnt fall.

I suspect that both UTG and UTG+2 might fold to the flop raise unless either of them has a flush draw, and by not 3-betting the flop you might be able to extract more double sized bets from MP1 and MP2 on the later streets.

Hopefully no one else will have a better Kx than you, but you could slow down if a successful turn check/raise was 3-bet.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:50 PM

Well, with the check-raise I think I was still confused over why I called pf. I decided to 3-bet the flop to try to get some folds:

[ QUOTE ]
10 handed PP 1/2

MP1 is a maniac, very aggressive even with nothing.
MP2 is aggressive, slightly loose (35VPIP), usually has something but will sometimes bet scary boards.

Hero in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG, UTG+2, MP1, MP2 all call, Button raises, SB calls, Hero calls, all limpers call

Flop (14 SB)
7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets, MP2 raises, Button folds, SB folds, Hero...?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero 3-bets, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 caps, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn (15 BB): J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero...?

At this point I'm wondering if I'm behind already, and ready to go into check-call mode. I really don't like the situation I'm in, but I'm only afraid of the last K and I guess 77.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:57 PM

Calls down. Your check-3bet screams a monster, and villain isn't worried at all. If MP1 capped and led I'd raise, but your read of MP2 doesn't say he's insane. There's a big difference between running an occasional bluff-raise and bet-capping the flop + leading the turn.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:01 PM

I think your position would be greatly improved had you just led this. Don't give the maniac a chance to do what he does best (make you second gues your hand). I lead this flop. Not based on other betting I'd just allways lead this flop. But I'd fold PF
Old 07-21-2005, 03:07 PM

Note:The reason this question is here is the same reason we dont play k2 preflop especially for a raise.

Making it 3 bets is prob a bad move, 1st, it seems likely and unfortunate that you got stuck between someone elses flush draw and another king with a better kicker.
I would call here, bet turn if a spade doesnt drop, if you get raised, call through. This raise reraise might even put out the flush draw although it is unlikely. Keep in mind the player raising preflop could have 77 making a boat. The pot is now huge and you have good hand equity. You could spike a 2 although it is a very remote chance. Call flop bet, bet turn pending non spade, call river, hope like hell ur ok...
cdl
Old 07-21-2005, 10:41 PM

Grunch-O-Matic

Pre-Flop: You are correct. Fold this in a raised pot. However, everyone puts money in and gives you enough cover to play this profitably.

Flop: Re-Raise from the point where you ask the question. (Edit: I agree that leading out is way better) On a paired board it's likely that everyone missed. First better could have an A or a flush draw. The re-raiser has a 6 three times and the king with a better kicker once. You have a 75% chance of winning this hand! Clear value bet.

People love to bluff these paired boards since the odds of someone hitting the trips is pretty low.

If you are outkicked you have 3 outs to the boat and 3 more to the chop.

Turn and River: Lead out if the betters don't cap. If they do, call down. The pot is big and I think you are ahead most of the time here. If you keep control you might even fold out a mid sized king.

-D