Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: PokerAce Hud - Version 0.20 Released - PokerStars Support!

First, please turn logging on in the preferences.

When you have both PA Hud and PS tables open, look in the Data\Stars\HandHistories directory. This is where PA Hud temporarily writes the hand histories. Check to see that there's a file for each table you've opened.

What kind of tables are you opening (limit, NL, PL, tourney)? Also, which particular tables are you opening?

Send me the log file and we'll get this figured out. Thanks for working with me.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:22 AM

Also, there's a bug with NL/PL tables, so if the tables you were having problems with are NL/PL, please wait until I release the fix for those. If not, then my request stands.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:33 AM

I released version 0.21. This fixes the bug with PokerStars NL and PL tables. It also fixes a bug with Party and skin's 2 and 3 table SnGs.

Download it here:

http://pokeracesoftware.com

Thanks, and let me know if you experience any problems.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:34 AM

Man, this is awesome on the basis of the show mucked hand feature alone! It's hilarious seeing the crap people are showing down in real time. I love the way it autodetects tables so I can scout them out while I'm on the waiting list. Have to paypal you something on my next cashout [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is there something fundamentally different about PA that makes it not susceptible to the things that seem to slow down PV??

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know anything about the code in either app but in a lot of cases the newer program has an advantage of knowing what they want to do, and being able to plan accordingly. Code will inevitably become inefficient and bloated when more and more features must be added to a core that wasn't meant to handle those features. Starting over (as PokerAce did) gives a big advantage in terms of the final product at the expense of requiring more time coding.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:33 AM

I would dispute this statement. A bad origianl design will lead to a bad bloated application later on in the product lifecycle. This is a poor excuse for bad developement.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:50 AM

I think it's safe to say that I'm officially a convert from PV (although as i've said 100 times before, I've never regretted that purchase for an instant).

A couple suggestions, if you wouldn't mind:

1. Can you make it possible for the mucked cards to be displayed for a little longer? I find they appear, and then disappear after about 2 seconds...if more than 1 person saw showdown, sometimes it's tough to take in all the mucked cards (esp. when you have other tables you're playing). I think in PV they more or less stay displayed until the next hand is dealt, which I actually like...you'd just have to find some way to ensure that they never covered up the view of your own cards from the current hand (i.e. make them a background object or something).

2) Can you have an option to display the showdown BOARD as well, as PV does? It's nice seeing mucked cards, but that's only half the story, as you have to see the board that the opponent was calling with.

3) silly questions: if I upgrade to a more recent version of PA, my layout doesn't get tossed, does it? It is 'saved' even during upgrades, right?

That's all the suggestions for now (oh, and I'll repeat the suggestion to somehow transfer the layout from 10 max over to the 9max and 6max layouts...it took me near 90 minutes to get the 10max the way i like it...i don't relish the idea of having to repeat it for the other layouts...i'd just like the stats that i have displayed around each player box to be copied (if nothing else, let us copy the formatting and ranges/colors...that took me even longer than the positioning).
Old 07-07-2005, 11:10 AM

they do not get thrown out.

u can go into the layout folder, save a copy of ur 10max, rename it as what it should be. when u open the layout manager again, u will have 10 of everything, but it takes far less time to remove a few ppl than re-format everything.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they do not get thrown out.

u can go into the layout folder, save a copy of ur 10max, rename it as what it should be. when u open the layout manager again, u will have 10 of everything, but it takes far less time to remove a few ppl than re-format everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but your suggestion confuses me a little -- what do you mean "save a copy of ur 10max, rename it as what it should be. when u open the layout manager again, u will have 10 of everything"??
Is this a way to avoid having to re-enter / position /specify range everything for the 9max and 6max layouts?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:24 PM

well this is what i did to setup the 10max stars table. i copied the party layout and then renamed it in the layout folder of PA HUD. i haven't had time to go and try to set up any of the other table layouts. so idk if this will work for trying to go from 10 -> 9 or 6, since i only did it from 10 ->10. i'll try it when i get home.