Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Players\' Poll for the Freeroll Tourney.

Mike,

I don't know exactly how much I had but it seems like it was around 4000 or 4500 somewhere.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:34 PM

I agree with Stage, it should be the 34 left at the break with the same chip counts if at all possible. I will not be disappointed if it starts over from go though because the tourney was a lot of fun until things went haywire, even if I did have fossilman to my immediate left. Well...at least he was shortstacked. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 09:13 PM

I still think the whole thing should start again - after all its supposed to be a team event and if the thing was forfeit then the full teams should start again.

Also, there's bound to be no shows amongst the 34 and, no matter how hard you try, I doubt that you'll recreate the position at the break with everyone there. End result will most probably be skewed and will certainly be tarnished in terms of bragging rights in any event.

The fact is, rightly or wrongly depending on your view of True's decision, the event was abandoned. The whole thing IMHO needs to be started again, although this appears to be the minority view.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:25 PM

I would think that True would have that information.

I'm sure you're right - it's just I thought I'd get a quicker answer, here. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 09:39 PM

Default Re: True, when can we expect a final decision/options? n/m

Just my opinion but I had a problem while playing on the True cite which was not of their doing and was very pleased with the way they handled it. Their CEO seems to be more responsive to us than any of the other sites and offer us comps that we don't get when we play our tournaments at Stars (my favorite site). But I do play occasionaly at True because I feel they at least show us some appreciation...
Old 02-06-2004, 09:52 PM

This whole situation is rather sad.........

Getting right to the heart of the matter, the real issue here is two-fold:

#1- The software simply is not up to quality online tournamet standards. There are a number of other sites (Poker Stars, all the Prima skins, dynamitepoker for 3) that have tried & true tournament software that is essentially transparent to the player, allowing us to fully concentrate on the game. There are so many problems with the graphics @ True Poker that I find the whole experience very unpleasant and distracting. Many other posters have echoed similar feelings.

#2- The tournament structure itself is very poor. The choice of blinds and their
rapid escalation quickly turn any tournament from a contest of skill to a contest of luck.

Let me make an assumption here: I assume that the folks at True are intelligent and good businessmen.

I mean the preceding quite literally, with no backhanded slap intended, so don't read anything else into the statement.

If that's the case, it appears very clear to me that they have made some very
deliberate decisions regarding their site interface. It's an unique, highly animated site that their marketing department has clearly designed to target & attract a particular player demographic. Judging from their site attendance, it must be working to their satisfaction.

The problem that WE have is that WE DON'T FIT their player demographic! We're hard-core game players, and although we may find some of the graphics cute, if they get in the way of our play, we'd just as soon do without them. When I can't see the size of the raise that the player at the other end of the table made because the graphics don't show it clearly, it takes away from my game.

I don't want to launch into a long critique of their site; just want to point out
what I see as the reality of the problem for us.

I believe the Mr. Gzesh is a good man and he's doing his best. He simply doesn't have the tools (optimimum site software that fits OUR needs) to ameliorate the problems that we encounter at his site.

Personaly, I look forward very much to our 2+2 organized competitions. They're a
ton of fun and very challenging. I enjoy the stiff competiton. My problem is that
when they run on True Poker, all of the problems that we've encountered detract so much from my anticipated enjoyment that what should be a ton of fun turns into
an unpleasant "death march" where the software gets in the way of my play.

IMO, the only thing that will possibly correct this situation is that if the marketing & sales folks at True Poker make a decision that they want to make a serious effort to win our play.

The only way that will happen is for them to address their site interface issues.

All other discussions at this point in time are fruitless.

Old 02-06-2004, 09:52 PM

Default Re: True, when can we expect a final decision/options? n/m

You are absolutely right, Fmonti.

First, Stars is not taking on new private tournies at the moment; and second, they never, (I believe), give a cent towards prize money or bonuses in their ongoing private tournies.

Looked at individually, a $2 Early Bird Rebate doesn't sound like a big deal, but when 85 players are receiving it, it is equivalent to another $170 in the pot. Then, with the Play Rebates, and the Bonuses, their whole offered package is relatively enormous value added.

That is why I am willing, totally, to put up with the (usual) glitches and hassles of TruePoker for these one-off tournies.

It is a rare day that I ask for, say, a new GrannyMae Bonus when Mr True-man will say "Hol' on there, pard; enough is enough!" as long as he sees us supporting his site in playing a few ring games as well.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:03 AM

I'd love to play again, but I have no arguement if not included.

I went out before the break.

If it is going to just be those players that were remaining, it should be with the chip counts they had at the time. Starting over at that point is unfair to those that accumulated their chips, as well as to those that did get busted out.

I would like to suggest that in future events that the TD go over the blind structure with the site hosting the tourney. I'd much rather seen slower blind increase (not refering to the "fun") and maybe a slightly longer time between increases. Maybe 20 minutes per level?
Old 02-07-2004, 12:59 AM

Mike,
I dont know if we have already determined this (I've just glanced through the posts) but Im for starting all over. I was on the bubble (34th) after the break but would love to start over. It was possibly one of hte most enjoyable tournaments ive played in (other than the quick blind structure wich knocked me out when it became a crap shoot)
Just me 2 cents to add to everyone elses...
Old 02-11-2004, 12:50 PM

I remember i had around 2.5k, would have to look at the log when i get home for the exact amount.