Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2004, 11:59 PM

Default The scariest thing that has ever happened to me is...

Since it is almost Halloween, I figured it is time to bring out our personal scary stories--100% true only. Here is mine.

When I was in 2nd grade, we lived right on the 7th hole of a municipal golf course. Once it was nighttime, there was no visibility whatsoever beyond our backyard. We had a pretty big yard, with a swing set on the far part of it, the part closest to the golf course.

I had my First Communion in the late spring. We had a party at our home and all of the guests were in the backyard. All of the adults were near the house, under the lights, talking and eating. The kids were playing "freeze tag" at the other end of the yard (closest to the golf course). It was about 7:30pm and the sun was almost completly set; there was just enough light to make out shapes, but not faces or details.

I was gleefully playing freezetag with my friends and had just been tagged by one of the girls, Erin...I was frozen in sort of a semi-splits stance, but standing upright. As I stood there while the 10 of us played, I heard a gutteral sound coming from just beyond our chain link fence, in the golf course, but real real close. I then heard a animal-like growl and then (I swear to God) a dark orange pitchfork came flying towards me and landed about 3 feet from my outstetched leg. All my friends turned towards the growl, none of them noticed the pitchfork initially. Then, we all ran together to the adults.

About 12 years later I was talking to my parents about it--they not only remembered it happening, but we still had the GD pitchfork in the garage. I still can't hardly believe that it happened.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:27 AM

Default Re: The scariest thing that has ever happened to me is...

one time i was in the bushes near this golf course and some kids were playing a game. it was pretty dark out so nobody could hardly see me and i threw a pitchfork at this one dude. almost hit him too... scared him stiff.

the scary part was, i was laughing so hard on the way home that i almost got hit by a bus.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:29 AM

LOL
Old 10-18-2004, 04:13 AM

One time I woke up and I could open my eyes and look around, but I couldn't move or talk. I knew my body was still asleep, but for about five or ten minutes I couldn't do anything.

It happened several times in one month about a year ago, but hasn't happened since. It was almost like I had tetrodotoxin poisoning, but I hadn't been to a sushi bar. I didn't like the experience at all.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:12 AM

The first time I masturbated was pretty scary. I didn't know what the hell I was doing. You only grow when you sleep, and I grew six inches(no, not that way) in six months, so I spent a lot of time sleeping when I was about 13. My mom came in one day and woke me out of my afternoon nap to tell me she and my dad knew I was always in my room lately because I was masturbating, and it was okay with them. I had no idea what to say. My folks were very open with sex education and I had had sex-ed books since I was really young. I knew what masturbation was but the thought of actually doing it had somehow never really occurred to me. I mean, I hadn't ever set up a plan or had a goal about it or anything.

I told her she was wrong, but in her mother knows best manner she told me again that it was absolute fact and both she and dad knew it, but that it was okay anyway. God only knows why she told me that. It kind of freaked me out. Well, there was no convincing her otherwise. I was kind of startled and ashamed just because of the accusation, even though it was supposedly "okay" and even though I had never tried it.

So I did try it for the first time later that very day, just out of curiosity. I mean, if I was supposed to be doing it...what the hell was all this fuss about?

Anyway, I was shocked, scared, and delighted at the result, all in the same instant. I gave a huge yelp like a cowboy busting a bronco and was lucky I didn't jackknife out my window or have Mom coming running into the room to find out what was wrong. And, in the cyclical manner of the ending of scary stories....
Old 10-18-2004, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The first time I masturbated was pretty scary. I didn't know what the hell I was doing. You only grow when you sleep, and I grew six inches(no, not that way) in six months, so I spent a lot of time sleeping when I was about 13. My mom came in one day and woke me out of my afternoon nap to tell me she and my dad knew I was always in my room lately because I was masturbating, and it was okay with them. I had no idea what to say. My folks were very open with sex education and I had had sex-ed books since I was really young. I knew what masturbation was but the thought of actually doing it had somehow never really occurred to me. I mean, I hadn't ever set up a plan or had a goal about it or anything.

I told her she was wrong, but in her mother knows best manner she told me again that it was absolute fact and both she and dad knew it, but that it was okay anyway. God only knows why she told me that. It kind of freaked me out. Well, there was no convincing her otherwise. I was kind of startled and ashamed just because of the accusation, even though it was supposedly "okay" and even though I had never tried it.

So I did try it for the first time later that very day, just out of curiosity. I mean, if I was supposed to be doing it...what the hell was all this fuss about?

Anyway, I was shocked, scared, and delighted at the result, all in the same instant. I gave a huge yelp like a cowboy busting a bronco and was lucky I didn't jackknife out my window or have Mom coming running into the room to find out what was wrong. And, in the cyclical manner of the ending of scary stories....

[/ QUOTE ]
weird story man.....
Old 10-18-2004, 11:12 AM

Would have to be a tie between the following:

1. Falling asleep behind the wheel of my ex-girlfriend's car on the Taconic Parkway when I was sixteen. We had been up all night arguing and I drove her from MA to LaGuardia because - this is brilliant - she had to fly to France for a funeral. So I fell asleep on the way back about 3 miles from my exit, woke up as I went off the road and cut the wheel at the last instant, scraped a guardrail, fishtailed around the road for a while and came to a stop. Wake up an instant later and I have a steering column in my guts. Fun stuff.

2. Having my current girlfriend's psychotic boyfriend break into my house and attack me with a chef's knife. Snuck in and pounced on me as I lay drunk on the couch, while the girl I was with was in the bathroom. The couch was folded out and we were watching a movie. The knife went into my shoulder as a pushed it against my throat, but luckily my hand was near my throat and I caught the blade of the knife on the edge of my hand, near my pinkie. I had to wrest the knife from his hands by pushing against the blade, at which point he settled right down and bolted. Driving away from my house the bastard totaled his car and ran off into the woods.

NT
Old 10-18-2004, 12:56 PM

You are the luckiest MF alive. You should have been dead twice now.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:03 PM

Actually, that's not uncommon...when you go into REM sleep, your body produces a semi-paralyzing agent so you can't move your body and accidentaly hurt yourself while you're dreaming of being chased, falling, etc. People who sleep walk don't produce enough of this agent.

What's happening to you is that your mind is waking but for some reason your body is not clearing out the paralyzing agent fast enough for you to be able to move your limbs before you wake...

I read about this somewhere once and I don't remember the name of this agent or hormone or whatver, that's why I'm a little vague! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2004, 01:14 PM

so I'm on the road with this ska/reggae band and it's 4 in the morning and we are driving our 1957 converted greyhound tour bus through the mountains in colorado. we take turns driving, and I like to watch the sun come up so I am driving and everyone else is sleeping. I have just recently learned to drive the bus (no small feat, you have to double clutch and downshift and all this other bullshit).

anyways, for those of you that have never driven a truck/bus, the brakes use compressed air (provided by an air compressor) and they are inadequate for stopping a bus when it is, for example, careening down a mountain. the air compressor is triggered when you press the gas pedal.

so, we are somewhere near vail and we are starting to go down a mountain. this requires downshifting, which is tricky. so I am in 3rd and put it in neutral and go to put it in 2nd, and the gears grind like hell and I can't get it into 2nd. we are picking up speed, so I decide it's prudent to put it back into 3rd. no dice, more evil gear grinding.

at this point everyone's up in the front of the bus and we are picking up major speed. I have been pressing the brakes in a vain attempt to slow us down, and now it appears the compressor is out of compressed air. so while we are careening down the hill in neutral, the bass player is on the floor pressing on the gas pedal to try and get the compressor to compress some motherfucking air so we can hit the brakes. meanwhile the trombone player and me are trying to heave the stick into 4th. the drummer is screaming. I begin looking for runaway truck ramps.

so after much duress we slam the thing into 4th and lean on the brakes and the trombone player and me change places ON THE FLY because he's experienced enough to downshift going a million miles an hour down the side of a motherfucking mountain.

--turnipmonster