Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: MTT\'s and drinking alcohol(serious topic)

I find that I play better in live games after a couple of beers - I guess because I relax more and thus think more clearly.

Online, however, it's the opposite - I play better totally sober.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:34 AM

This needs to be studied further. A couple nights ago I hit up foxwoods for some free booze and to pass the time away in 2/4. After about 6 crown and cokes I headed home up $125+ and decided to play online. I 3 tabled 10$ SnG's with 2 1sts and a 3rd. Then I played in the PP 34k tourney and got somewhere around 40th.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:37 AM

Cool topic. I get more LAGy when drinking and it usually means greater variance even though I usually get in with the best of it.

One drink is okay, more than that and my mind starts to wander unless I work really hard to reign it in.

I noticed some poorer results when I drank and that I'd call bigger bets against trappers (usually people that called large pf raises hoping to flop a str8 with 2 random 1 or 2 gapped cards) when drinkering. Poorer judgement, but it was somewhat subtle. The difference in results was anything but subtle.