Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Games minimized with dual monitors

Okay I'm currently running a dual monitor setup, also running Ultramon. Both monitors are running off the same Radeon 9250. I like to play games occasionally. But I would like to be able to surf the web, check email on the other one while the game is open. Okay, that's not tough, but whenever I click on the other monitor, the game on my main monitor minimizes. I was wondering if there was a way to keep the game maximized, while I use the second monitor for other things. I have tried this with 4 or 5 different games, and they all automatically minimize to the taskbar whenever I click my second monitor. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Games minimized with dual monitors

I don't think I've ever had a problem like that.

Perhaps let us know what your display settings are in both window's display properties and ultramon's display settings...

I use both windows and ultramon and I've never had the game window just minimize by checking out the other monitor.

What poker software are you running?
Old 12-02-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Games minimized with dual monitors

I have one 19" Samsung LCD and one Samsung 19" CRT. Both monitors are at 1280x1024. The LCD is set as my primary monitor, and is hooked up to the VGA out of my video card. The CRT is hooked up to the DVI out, with a VGA connector. I have the extend windows desktop option checked on the CRT settings. The LCD is running at 60hz, while the CRT is running at 85hz. In Ultramon, I do have Smart Taskbar enabled in standard mode. As far as poker software, I usually play Party, but I don't see how that relates.

Most of the games I play, don't launch at 1280x1024 however. When they do launch, the resolution on the LCD changes, and you can see some of my desktop icons coming over into the second monitor. Maybe that has something to do with it? Well, any help is appreciated. It gets annoying having to pause a game every time I wanna check something on the other monitor.