Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Improving OOT (long)

Lol, what's funny is that you have been registered here for what, one year? Dude, your life here began like 2 months before the OOT peak, how could you possibly know wtf is good for this forum. BTW, before you even start, I have been around much longer than this account would dictate. Whether you are right or wrong, you are most CERTAINLY not the person on whom this responsibility falls. Hell, you aren't even that good of a poster. [censored] off and let jakethebake do it.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:40 PM

Old 12-04-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol, what's funny is that you have been registered here for what, one year? Dude, your life here began like 2 months before the OOT peak, how could you possibly know wtf is good for this forum. BTW, before you even start, I have been around much longer than this account would dictate. Whether you are right or wrong, you are most CERTAINLY not the person on whom this responsibility falls. Hell, you aren't even that good of a poster. [censored] off and let jakethebake do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't write this to get into pissing matches about my (or anyone else's) contribution to this forum.

The whole point, and how this all got started in my head was I was thinking how nice it'd be if I didn't have to wade through a bunch of BS posts to get to the meat and potatoes of the thread, and that there are probably others who'd agree with that.

I know I got carried away, that happens sometimes. But is it better to not say anything for fear of becoming unpopular?

So your point is, as far as I can tell, is that I haven't been around here long enough to bitch?

Let jakethebake do what?
Old 12-04-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just lost a bet with myself on how long it would take for this to happen.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A) Quoting a prior post without commenting or adding something. Someone has already said what you were thinking. What is so special about it that it needs repeating? Obviously there are times where this is appropriate, like in instances of offering congratulations, or sentiments of humor, appreciation, or condolences... etc. But for the most part this is a much overused and irritating practice. [censored] your post count.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the need to do this because typically my opinions are worth more than the opinions of others. If some random guy makes a comment, people may not care, but if I quote it, as if to say "I agree with this guy," then people are more likely to listen.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the losing of the bet with yourself is the funniest thing to happen in this thread by far...
Old 12-04-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

“I just lost a buck...to myself!
Old 12-04-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this will be my first

YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

i have nothing to add

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read things in FLAT mode instead of threaded then one post would not be 3 pages long. Also, make it so more posts appear per page so you can just skip by the stupid ones.

It appears you need to make some personal adjustments before OOT does. Honestly there is less crap in OOT now than there is in some of the p*ker forums.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this will be my first

YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]

i have nothing to add

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-04-2005, 07:13 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

you know why people like the doctor on 'house', simon from american idol, donald trump, etc? they're dicks, but they're also insightful, funny, entertaining, or whatever and their star quality seems to actually exist because of their caustic attitudes. so people embrace the whole package.

you have the negativity part down pat, but where's the upside to make it worth tolerating or liking? i can't remember a singular good post you've made (including this thread).