Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude if you just had like 16k more you totally would have made profit. I hear it's almost impossible to lose 5 times in a row.

next time, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i plan to make about 100k in blackjack next time i decide to play, then itll make up for it all and ill never play again. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing how to play might help....
Old 11-30-2005, 05:01 PM

One Year Ago:
I didn't know Yugo

Now:
I Do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

**actually made this post to get to Pooh-Bah(-1)
Now, You picked the Wrong Cowboy [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude if you just had like 16k more you totally would have made profit. I hear it's almost impossible to lose 5 times in a row.

next time, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i plan to make about 100k in blackjack next time i decide to play, then itll make up for it all and ill never play again. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

That is just so wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] "Trying to break even" lol
Old 11-30-2005, 05:23 PM

1 year ago today I didn't even play online poker.

In the past year I've played close to 10k sngs and play anywhere from 8 109's to 6 215s. I also have met a few 2+2'er including the man himself, Raptor. Even without posting too much I have made many more friends through AIM. I also have decided to take next semester off and hopefully travel with deuce2high to Thailand.

In the next year I hope to win sttf huc 2, win the leaderboard in January, meet many more 2+2'er, visit Raptor in his million dollar mansion, and make enough to do whatever I please while still investing a majority of my winnings.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:24 PM

Default I NO LONGER COACH

Yikes, I should have mentioned this.

I no longer have time to coach players and will not take a new student no matter how amazing your story is.

I also really need space in my PM box to manage STTF-HUC stuff.

Please don't send any PMs asking for coaching. I am sorry that I didn't make it clear earlier in this thread.

Irieguy
Old 11-30-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: I NO LONGER COACH

one year ago i was a super donk. since then i've played literally thousands of hours of poker and can say confidently that i'm a winning player (relative to the skill of my opponents).
Old 11-30-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't send any PMs asking for coaching. I am sorry that I didn't make it clear earlier in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

not even if little timmy was dying and wanted to be coached by the now infamous irieguy? what an insensitive prick you must be.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:58 PM

One year ago today, I...

-Was 8 months into ditching working for the man.
-Was 4 months into my full-time SNG career, 4-tabling the $215s, and was just starting to get the hang of things when 3+ tables got down to shorthanded.
-Ended the month of November on a nice $10k downswing.
-Finally switched to Empire to get hooked up with rakeback.
-Was (about to be) bitching about Mack Brown and his pals stealing the Rose Bowl berth from Cal.

Today, I...

-Am still flipping the man the bird.
-Am 10 tabling the $215s, MS5s, S5s, SH4s, etc. Haven't quite gotten the hang of things those times when there's like 7+ SH tables at once, but I'm working on getting better at that.
-Have ended the month of November on a close to $20k downswing.
-Am back to no rakeback after the Party split.
-Have made more than double what I made in 2004.
-Am rooting for USC (did I say that?) to blow out Texas in the National Championship game.
-Am getting ready to play a few big buy-in events, spending the rest of my (working) time grinding online, making (and then saving my) $$.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:59 PM

one year ago:

i didn't think i was very good at this game, but thought i could make a bunch of money at it

today:

i don't think i'm very good at this game, but know i can make a bunch of money at it.

. . .

one year ago:

i played without rakeback
i had just quit my job
i had no health insurance
i actively disliked the majority of the posters on this forum
there were a handful of posters whom i looked forward to all of their posts
i had a clear top 10 list of 200s players i thought were the best
i cared about my daily losses and wins
i thought the 200s were really hard

now:

i have had rakeback at several sites and now play the amount i play at party without it
i have just taken an unpaid internship
i have health insurance
i actively dislike the majority of posters on this forum
there's a couple fingersful of posters whom i look forward to all of their posts
i don't know and don't care who is at any table with me at any time
i don't care about any swings, and only copy and paste bad beats into IM boxes for amusement's sake
i know that the step 5s aren't very hard

in the past year i've coached players, turned down offers to coach players, and not responded to piles of requests to posters asking if i'll coach them. i don't know where i'll go with this. i haven't played more than 2.5 hours at a stretch in the last 2 months, and don't really care. i've met some cool people, and met more people online who seem like reasonable people. i've gotten "good" at every form of poker i've tried, but not "great" in my own belief at any of them. stud still makes me want to punch baby jesus. mtts still entice me, though ring games do as well. i still find SNGs fun and versitile.

meh.

c
Old 11-30-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what an insensitive prick you must be.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's really funny is that even though you are joking, that's not as bad as the worst thing somebody has sincerely said to me (in a PM) in response to this thread.

The crazy people on this forum are quite funny.

I'm actually a little afraid that when I post my meta-analysis of SNG results next month, a few 2+2ers will be so angry that they will try to murder me.

Ahhh, the Single Table Tournament Forum: 30 of the coolest, brightest people I've ever met, and 4,000 developmentally disabled sociopaths.

I love it.

Irieguy