Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Potential $ at the Party $55 SNGs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And yes, you want to move up. Eventually to $215...

[/ QUOTE ]

As you move up, you will encounter better players, resulting in the lower ROI/ITM. If you are playing solely for $ profit, would you still want to move up? Of course, I would like nothing better than to be playing at $215 level but that is only because playing at that level would prove to myself and maybe others that I am a competent player (or maybe a pro!) capable of playing and handling the $215 level. In terms of money to be made, I think it will be harder to make a decent profit.

So, what is the reasoning behind "moving up" when you have a sufficient bankroll when it will just result in lower ROI and ITM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good attitude!
Lower ROI, but still more efficient. A guy I know who's making avg $3K a day playing $215 4 tables. Yes, lower ROI, but you get prestige of being a tournament board leader and less time grinding.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if this is your advice, i dont think there is any way you had a 23% roi over even 200 games. 3uo

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many tournament style play, find one suits yourself. And for the months I play, I was amongst top 15 on tournament leader board. For the purpose of anonymity, I am not going to give my handle so people can mark me.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:03 AM

One critical detail is that the starting chip stacks are 1000 at the 50 level, as opposed to 800 in the 30's and below. This gives you that much more play, and presumably should favor skilled play a bit more.

(I believe this is the level, it's been a while since I made that transition)
Old 04-04-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One critical detail is that the starting chip stacks are 1000 at the 50 level, as opposed to 800 in the 30's and below. This gives you that much more play, and presumably should favor skilled play a bit more.

(I believe this is the level, it's been a while since I made that transition)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, more starting multiples of big blind translate to higher chip disparity, more manipulation of chip stack and further level of play. This is why I prefer $55 over $33 despite slightly tougher game.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:41 AM

"average month is above 1500, so im making enough to pay rent. 3uo"

Yeh that's 4k a week.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:25 AM

Is it possible to make the tournament leader board by playing $50 SNGs? About how many would you have to play with what kind of ROI?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And yes, you want to move up. Eventually to $215...

[/ QUOTE ]

As you move up, you will encounter better players, resulting in the lower ROI/ITM. If you are playing solely for $ profit, would you still want to move up? Of course, I would like nothing better than to be playing at $215 level but that is only because playing at that level would prove to myself and maybe others that I am a competent player (or maybe a pro!) capable of playing and handling the $215 level. In terms of money to be made, I think it will be harder to make a decent profit.

So, what is the reasoning behind "moving up" when you have a sufficient bankroll when it will just result in lower ROI and ITM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good attitude!
Lower ROI, but still more efficient. A guy I know who's making avg $3K a day playing $215 4 tables. Yes, lower ROI, but you get prestige of being a tournament board leader and less time grinding.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I have a really hard time believing this unless he's been incredibly lucky or plays a gazillion SNG's a day.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:42 AM

3k a day, lol...

I mean, Im certain you can make 3k a day, but 24/7, thats impossible...thats a lil' over 1 million a year hahaha...

and im pretty sure you can make the leaderboard playing 50s, just got to play a ton of them, look at zebraass, I think he solely plays the 50s, and he's up there...
Old 04-04-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3k a day, lol...

I mean, Im certain you can make 3k a day, but 24/7, thats impossible...thats a lil' over 1 million a year hahaha...

and im pretty sure you can make the leaderboard playing 50s, just got to play a ton of them, look at zebraass, I think he solely plays the 50s, and he's up there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Don, thanks for the confirmation since I had a really hard time believing the 3k/day figure. Thought it would be a good day but certainly not an "average" day. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Not sure which leaderboard you're referring to but the Empire leaderboard is easy as hell to get on playing the 50's and the Party is a bit harder, but indeed possible. The step 5 players totally own the Party one so it's more of a challenge.

Edit: Just checked out the Party leaderboard and wow there's a lot of 50's players there. Might not be all that hard for a dedicated 4-tabler. Where'd all the step 5 players go?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Question to Raptor

Raptor, how many tables are you averaging per hour 8 tabling?

I 4 table, and I'm discovering that I avg about 5.3 SNGs per hour (it's almost uncanny how consistent this is for me.) That's 47 hours a week 50 weeks a year to get 12,000+ SNGs in (or essentially 1,000 SNGs) a week.

My question is, are you averaging 10.6 SNGs an hour?