Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: HS Reunions

[ QUOTE ]

It was as if everyone had swelled.

[/ QUOTE ]

You win second place for posting this quote in this thread!! Congrats!!

To the OP, I would go, based on what others have said. If it's not terribly expensive, at least there should be booze there.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:09 PM

i still talk to and see everybody that i was close with in HS so why do i need to go to a function so see people that i was either mean to or didn't like? i don't really see the point, i will be seeing my friends that i see regularly anyway and people that i don't want to see (and probably wish i were a failure and don't want to see me).

i will go to my gf's but i also know a ton of people she went to high school with and haven't seen in forever, should be good times [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 11-10-2005, 03:25 PM

What the hell actually happens at a reunion anyway? Is it just an open room for everyone to sit around and chat or is it organized in some way?

I too am curious as to others' experiences, especially those who were reluctant to go.

Mine is coming up in two years, and I was thinking about the topic the other day.

My story is similar to many here. I went to HS and partied some and stuff and wasn't a dweeb but wasn't super polular either. Of course, I am a completely different person now than I was then.

The things I keep going back to in my mind is that all of the people in HS that I care about today I can pick up the phone and call them any time I want to. And I do stay in touch with four or five of the people. It hasn't been worth my effort to contact the other 250 people for the past eight years, why the hell do I care what they're up to now? Actually, I don't at all.

Furthermore the town I grew up in sucked in HS and it still sucks today. It's a smallish town w/ a pop. of about 10k people. Lots of rural farmer types, and 30% of the people that live in houses in the city rent their house. Basic small town America I guess. I can see them putting on a half-ass production where you have to bring your own alcohol or maybe even alcohol will be prohibited, in which case it would be a very short evening for the 'Goblin.

PG
Old 11-10-2005, 03:35 PM

My sister organized her 10-year since she was a senior class officer.

It was held in the upstairs room of a local bar, nothing too fancy but not a complete [censored]-hole either.

She said it was like middle school at first, everyone clustered among their own little groups of friends, and then at the first drop of alcohol it turned into an all-out party and EVERYONE was acting like they were best friends.

One girl apparently passed out on a couch and puked all over herself.

I think "drink-till-you-drop" is the theme at most of these things. I dunno for sure though, my 10-year isn't for another four years.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell actually happens at a reunion anyway? Is it just an open room for everyone to sit around and chat or is it organized in some way?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really what I want to know. They said they'll have champagne and dinner and a "slideshow"? If they don't have a bar(it def. won't be open bar), I will be quite upset. Sounds a bit corny, as I just want to see old buddies(a couple may end up showing up), as I have almost completely lost contact with pretty much everyone from my graduating class(would like to email some of them but don't have their addresses).

I can understand people bringing their spouses, but it seems like a lot of people bring their girl/boyfriends. I can't imagine why anyone would want to go to their gf/bf's reunion, they must be forced to go by someone that doesn't want to go alone? It would sound like hell to go to someone else's HS reunion.

DN
Old 11-10-2005, 04:06 PM

I've never been to one of mine (stoner dude at a thousand kid HS, lost touch with all my friends), but have gone to all my wife's (jockette at a little high school) and they were a blast. The cliques were all able to mix and mingle and everybody had good times. Maybe because it was so small town? My wife always wins "least changed".
Old 11-10-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife always wins "least changed".

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Do they really do these "awards"?

I also went to one of those 600 students/graduating class schools, which is why I don't recognize half the names attending the reunion. I was asked to help set up the reunion since I was senior class student council, but declined because I still harbor ill will for being kicked out in the middle of the year for drinking in the parking lot of a football game. Good times.

DN
Old 11-10-2005, 04:23 PM

There were about 10 of those type awards, it wasn't a real big deal, it probably took about 15 minutes to do it, by nomination and applause. All the awards were complementary to neutral.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:54 PM

I honestly don't see how you don't want to go. I was ambivalent about high school. It was pretty fun, but I only still talk to one guy from there, and he wasn't even a friend of mine during HS. Still, I will surely go to mine next year. The fact that it's right across town makes this a no-brainer for you. Get drunk, see how the Prom Queen is now 200 lbs and has 6 kids and 2 ex-hubbies. If that's not good times, I don't know what is!
Old 11-10-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get drunk, see how the Prom Queen is now 200 lbs and has 6 kids and 2 ex-hubbies. If that's not good times, I don't know what is!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put it this way, it's a no-brainer!