Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: I can call this flop right?

[ QUOTE ]
Who check raises this turn? I probably always would if he's capable of betting the flop and turn with unimproved overcards. He would have to be weak to try this if he's likely to have an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn is the PERFECT card to make the semi-bluff c/r play. You have to bet the river no matter what though. If UTG has overcards he's going to fold. If he has an overpair and he's a 2+2er he going to fold the river UI. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I've made this play against players that never fold ANYTHING and it even works a lot of the time against them. People get conditioned that when they are c/r on the turn (especially when the board pairs) they are behind if they only have one pair. Use this to your advantage.

If you do happen to get picked off on this move then don't use it anymore at that table. However, the next time you c/r with the goods you're gonna get called down. So even if you lose this time you could gain it back later.