Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Cleaning Service

So my roommates and I would like to get a cleaning service that comes in once a month and does a pretty thorough cleaning of the house. Our house is 3 bedrooms and a decently large common area/kitchen.

One big problem is that the house has 3 cats and 1 dog(almost fully recovered from his surgery 3 weeks ago if anyone is curious), so there is always a lot of loose fur flying around. I have an air filter that works pretty well in my room, but the common areas are one huge dust/fur ball.

Anyways, do any of you use a cleaning service? What should we expect and how much does it cost? We are not having laundry done, I believe just a thorough mopping, vaccuuming, dusting, etc. Also, do you usually get this done while you are at work or should you be there at some point? If while you are gone, do you put away anything remotely valuable(not to be paranoid)? How long does the cleaning take usually?

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on what I should look for and anyone's experiences as well as a price range. Thanks.

DN
Old 07-01-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Cleaning Service

I have a cleaning service and like it alot. My house would be a mess without them.

I don't live where you do, so have no idea of the price.

There are two basic types of cleaning services. Either a company which has several people working for them, or an individual with maybe one or two helpers.

I'd advise you to call up several and see what their prices would be.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Cleaning Service

Funny you should ask. I hire a cleaning company about twice a year to come deep clean my place. They are here right now.
I try to get referrals from friends, but that never seems to work out, so I just call a company out of the phone book. They are doing a really good job.