Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Going to LV in 3 weeks. Help me get a room please!

I'm thinking about heading to Vegas during the first weekend of the WSOP Main Event. I believe it's 7/9-7/10. So, like, 3 weeks away or so. I probably will want to check-in Friday and check-out Sunday.

Anyhow, I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff and I want to stay at some place w/ a nice poker room such as Wynn or MGM. I can just drive to the Bellagio or Mirage and don't really want to stay there.

I think Wynn or MGM is a nice choice. Should I just call them up and get a poker rate or use expedia? Is there another website you guys use?

Anyone I should talk to specifically? Can you guys hook me up?

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Going to LV in 3 weeks. Help me get a room please!

I'd be happy to book a room for you, just PM me your credit card info.
[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
I was going to post a serious reply, but realized that this topic only gets asked at least once a week. Try the handy 'search' feature of the website.

Methinks a Vegas faq or 'sticky' for this forum is probably appropriate. Maybe a friendly moderator could set one up?

To address things that haven't been mentioned before: the Wynn is probably booked for months. I'd expect anything adjacent/close to the Rio or Binions to be booked as well.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:25 PM

Call Wynn. Ask for the poker rate. There is really no other choice.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:57 PM

Depends what limits you want to play. If it is above 15-30, there is no choice but NOT to stay there. 40-80 goes inconsistently there. I liked the room otherwise though. But I think Bellagio is more reliable for mid limit and higher games, and I think it's run better overall. The extra tables they added really cut the wait also.

Jeff
Old 06-21-2005, 04:09 PM

When I asked for some 'Vegas advice for a noob' on here I got directed to cheapovegas.com.

It has links to the various hotels (including the ones you are looking at) and you can check the availability and the rates at each hotel by site.

Couple of handy easy-to-read maps to show how close they are to each other as well.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:13 PM

Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity.

If you want to stay on the cheap on the south strip, stay at Trop and walk across Tropicana Ave to MGM.

-d
Old 06-21-2005, 04:20 PM

Stanky,

If you want to be near the Rio, the Gold Coast right next door is very affordable, but I am assuming a lot of people have jumped on that since I hear the Rio is raping heads with their room rates.

Another alternative if you want to be near the Rio is the Orleans, which is like 2 blocks away and is like $69 a night on the weekdays, so you figure they bump it up for the weekends.

Now if you want to play at the Mirage or Wynn and want a cheaper room, the Riviera and Stardust is not bad if you just need a room to crash.

Lately I have been forking up the big bucks and staying at the Bellagio with their poker room rate. I believe it is $149 during the weekdays and $199 during the weekends. I usually talk to Penny, who hooks it all up.

The bigger no limit games have been going on at the Rio and the Bellagio. Just giving you the heads up on that since that is what you probably plan on playing.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:32 PM

I just had to adjust my reservation at the Gold Coast.
The rates are still very reasonable and they have availability every day still except July 14.

The hotel and rooms are reported to be not exactly the greatest though and it sounds like he wants to stay at something a little nicer.

Also - the Gold coast is right next door to the Rio...but is obviously farther away from the strip/Bellagio/etc.

I'm only staying at the Gold Coast from June 29 - july 6 and then switch to the PokerStars hotel (Treasure Isl) from July 6-15.