Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: This is not as obvious as people seem to think

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I admit that I did not envisage that type of situation where the SB thinks he's God and the BB actually is God. However I think I have an easy solution. As both players know that the other has AA, then Ivey will say
"Oh one who thinks he's God, I am telling you that I will go all-in regardless of your action. And as I am God, you know that I am not lying".
Hellmuth will reply "Ivey, you're lying right now as there can only be one true God, and we both know who that is."
"Shut up you gobshite" says Ivey and pushes all-in out of turn.
Hellmuth folds.
Ivey is King.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can people possibly be arguing with RacingSilver about this? He is obviously kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I thought it was hilarious watching people rip RS about how "dumb" he was.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:42 AM

i just read this. good read. gave me a good laugh. nice job.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:43 AM

The question I'd like answered is, which were the dumber posts - the OP or the ones taking RacingSilver seriously?
Old 11-25-2005, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The question I'd like answered is, which were the dumber posts - the OP or the ones taking RacingSilver seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones pointing out RacingSilver was joking, thus preventing more people from posting serious replies to him.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Theoretical situation.. first hand of the WSOP main event

[ QUOTE ]
As you suggest, this situation has been gone over ad nauseum. To quote Doyle Brunson when asked about this scenario:

"The day I fold KK preflop is the day I quit playing poker."

That about sums it up.

Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

Get it right!
Old 11-25-2005, 04:46 AM

My wrist would snap personally as to the speed i would push my chips in i would then be quaded by a9off suit by hay thats pokah
Old 11-25-2005, 09:13 AM

and i'm sure doyle meant it literally beats AA. we all know how often AK destroys AA.

and the answer is you fold AK.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:20 AM

please shut up.

no one is good enough to "know" someone has AA in this situation, and there's no way phil ivey is going to think "oh he went all-in for 10k to win my 50 SB, he must have AA" he's just going to think you're a retard.

if you're serious about ANYTHING you've posted in this thread, i can tell you A) don't know anything about poker, B) have been playing for 3 weeks and know all you've learned from lon mceron and norman chad and the WPT, and C) shouldn't be playing poker for real money if you ever consider playing only aces against one particular opponent. you are a weak-passive POS if you really think that you should just fold everything but AA against one particular player who you perceive to be "god like."

phil ivey might be the best player in the world, but the edge he has over any other particular world class player is very small. therefore, your logic that phil ivey is in a world all his own and you should fold all hands but AA proves you know nothing at all. seriously, this is the worst argument i've EVER seen in 3 years of reading about poker on the internet. you've proven yourself to know absolutely nothing about winning a poker tournament and are really just posting out of entertainment value for everyone now and not sparking any interesting discourse. disappear.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:44 AM

Hi Sketchy1

Thanks for taking the time to post. I appreciate your analysis. On reading it first I thought that you were being a little bit insulting, but I now realise that you were just offering constructive criticism – thanks again.

Anyway, I was a bit taken aback yesterday by the number of people who disagreed with me. So, I spoke to a friend of mine last night who is a super player – he has been playing for the past 4 months and has read a few books (e.g. P.J. Cloutier, Tom McEvoy). After a long intelligent discussion with him, I have finally come round to your way of thinking i.e. maybe Phil Ivey is 90% certain that I must have AA when I went all in on the SB, but that 10% doubt is sufficient for him to call me with his AA.

I apologize if I have irritated you or others. But I find these discussions fascinating, and I just wanted to be involved. Please don’t blame me for that. I will refrain from commenting any further on situations until I have read some of Cloutier’s books.

Thanks again for your time.

By the way, can you please explain what “a weak-passive POS” is ?
Also, I have been playing for 6 weeks, not 3 weeks, so I am twice as knowledgeable as you thought I was, lol.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:36 AM

how did this thread get 48 responses?