Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Greatest sportman/woman you ever saw perform live?

I saw Jordan set the playoff scoring record in Boston.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nolan Ryan...saw him pitch his final game ever, when the M's knocked the sh it out of Old Man Ryan, bwhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!11

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there too, although I'm sure he still struck Booner out...I mean, who didn't?
Old 07-11-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nolan Ryan...saw him pitch his final game ever, when the M's knocked the sh it out of Old Man Ryan, bwhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!11

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there too, although I'm sure he still struck Booner out...I mean, who didn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, he didn't retire a batter. Blew out his arm, which was evident after giving up a grand slam to Dan Howitt. But Buhner did strike out twice though.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:42 PM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)

Just because Clarkmeister loves him so much....

I have to say last year December 26th. We were back in Indiana for Christmas and "Santa" got my 6 year old tickets to his first NFL game. We went and saw Peyton Manning throw #49 as the Colts came back to beat San Diego and clinch the #3 seed.

It was a great game, great theater, and my little guy is convinced that every game that he will attend going forward will have so much riding on it.

The one that got away...
In the summer of '90, I was out visiting my Dad in Sacramento. We were going to go to Oakland and watch the A's/Rangers game, but my step mom, was a nurse, and she had to work late. Dad insisted that his new bride go with us, so we would go the next afternoon.

As it turned out, Ryan no-hit the A's during the game that we should have been at.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, he didn't retire a batter. Blew out his arm, which was evident after giving up a grand slam to Dan Howitt. But Buhner did strike out twice though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Dave Magadan..wasn't he Lou's son-in-law or something? Brian Turang, Mackey Sasser...lol.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Dave Magadan..wasn't he Lou's son-in-law or something? Brian Turang, Mackey Sasser...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite is that someone named Ted Power had the save for the M's, and it was the 12th save of the season for him, and I swear to god I have no recollection of that name being on the M's at all.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 PM

Barry Bonds.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can someone explain why the 100m winner is the "Fastest Man in the World" considering the times?

MJ (200m) - 19.32sec
Asafa Powell (100m) - 9.77sec

I'm sure everyone is good enough at math to see that MJ was faster than Powell.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. MJ is not faster, and if you cant figure it out I can get back to you later.

Plus. I hope you also saw the great Canadian Donovan Bailey race MJ in a 150m event with a corner (Donovan said no corner, but MJ wouldnt give it up because he knew he wasnt as fast as Bailey). After the corner Bailey was so far ahead that MJ pulled up with a lame "hamstring injury" to have some sort of excuse. It didnt matter though because Bailey was way ahead.

rJ
Old 07-11-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Can someone explain why the 100m winner is the "Fastest Man in the World" considering the times?

MJ (200m) - 19.32sec
Asafa Powell (100m) - 9.77sec

I'm sure everyone is good enough at math to see that MJ was faster than Powell.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong. MJ is not faster, and if you cant figure it out I can get back to you later.

Plus. I hope you also saw the great Canadian Donovan Bailey race MJ in a 150m event with a corner (Donovan said no corner, but MJ wouldnt give it up because he knew he wasnt as fast as Bailey). After the corner Bailey was so far ahead that MJ pulled up with a lame "hamstring injury" to have some sort of excuse. It didnt matter though because Bailey was way ahead.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Bailey is 'quicker,' he has a faster acceleration...at 200m Johnson would have caught and passed him.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bailey is 'quicker,' he has a faster acceleration...at 200m Johnson would have caught and passed him.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then you agree the 100m sprinter is faster.

rJ