Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 PM

Default QQ free showdown raise

hey everybody,

I'm running over the table, my image is very aggro but I am going through a sick run of cards. PA stats for someone that didnt have em previously look something like this

ok, end brag.

opponent is 20/10/2 but not a ton of hands, and we predictably haven't tangled much. I havent seen a lot of his hands shown down so who knows.

At all my tables I'm not getting much respect on my bets and it's fueling the fire of my decent hands bigtime.

how do we like this flop/turn combo? I briefly considered 3 betting the flop and betting the turn, or calling down as two other possible lines. didn't consider folding straightaway or calling and folding on the turn to be good choices but I'm willing to debate it. anyone care to argue for against any of my various options after the action gets to me on the flop?

plan for the rest:

with my line: I was raising any turn card except maybe the Ac, I was going to check behind the river, probably fold but maybe call if he donkbet it (but I know I should fold), and definitely fold if he 3-bet the turn.

if I had called down, well, I would have called...

if I had three bet the flop and bet the turn, I would have bet-folded the turn and the river

anyways, the hand:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 12-05-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: QQ free showdown raise

I like it better than a calldow, but I think you might be able to fold the turn.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:22 PM

admiral, why do you like this better than a calldown? because we can get him to fold a hand with 5 outs?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:26 PM

I don't think he has a T too often. He could have a flush or straight draw in which case he might c/f the river, but will have to call our turn raise. I don't know if he will have these enough.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:30 PM

if the villian will always bluff his missed draws on the river after you call the turn, i prefer a calldown, i think. or maybe it doesn't make a difference.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:30 PM

I like the free showdown line (and folding to a turn 3-bet), mainly because I would checkraise the flop against someone with your image with a strong T in BB's shoes. Assuming he calls your turn raise, I would hate a river donk, but would have to call to find out what he's playing like this.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it better than a calldow, but I think you might be able to fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could see that for sure with 99, but don't a lot of T's belong in his range? and if so, is calling down better than free showdowning him?
Old 12-05-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could see that for sure with 99, but don't a lot of T's belong in his range? and if so, is calling down better than free showdowning him?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thought as well, you usually make the same from a flush draw if they bluff the river (and I think a flush draw isn't usually knocking opponents out on the flop) but it seems like you're folding tens and getting kings to call in case you're semi-bluff raising with a flush draw.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:43 PM

Does anyone consider just folding the flop?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone consider just folding the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No