Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: (Live) KQs in BB turns into a very interesting hand

I don't understand the preflop raise. Your range of hands on UTG seems to be something like AA-88/AK/AQ/KQs. Do you really think you'll get him to fold any of these? Maybe AQ and KQs but that's it. I think the preflop raise is terrible unless you have some extra information to back it up with.

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 64.4964 % 62.08% 02.41% { 88+, AQs+, KQs, AQo+ }
Hand 2: 35.5036 % 33.09% 02.41% { KsQs }

If he's really in love with PPs (unlikely imo):

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 59.2667 % 57.61% 01.65% { 22+, AQs+, KQs, AQo+ }
Hand 2: 40.7333 % 39.08% 01.65% { KsQs }
Old 12-26-2005, 04:25 PM

Thats why i asked about the PF raise, after I made it, I was like that seemed somewhat stupid, becuase im just raising into a rockish player whom likley may have me dominated and he is coming along about 60 percent of the time and Ill be out of posistion throughout the hand.

My rationale was I know he is going to just check/call no matter what throughout the hand if he gets a piece of the flop. And with my raise I was hoping to get him to fold AQs/AQo, 88-22, and AJ-AT. Also, it was for information allowing me to get a more narrow and acurate range of hands to put him on. When he calls the PF raise by me, I can eliminate the above mentioned hands from his range and help place him on a hand more accuratly.

Your right though in that situation with two players to act behind me three betting probably isnt the best situation PF there. Thanks for the inpput.

I still just can't see why everyone is advocating to jam this pot whenever possible.

Checkraising the flop was a mistake. I probably should have lead out there and then raised the maniac if he raised me, which was likely especially with the rock calling station to act after me. This would have allowed me to trap UTG and UTG+1 for more bets. I see my error in my ways here, but the flop still got jammed so no harm no foul right haha.

My thinking at this point was that I am probably behind UTG going into the Turn but im willing to jam this flop becuase I have a lot of outs, some cleaner then others obviously.

Do I just need to jam this pot here becuase I need to extract value from Button and UTG+1? Does the potential of getting money from them outweigh the fact that I am likely dominated by UTG?

With the range of hands UTG is on in this situation how can pumping up the turn be correct? I am either drawing near dead to his made FH, or dominated by his AK a vast majority of the time more then I am ahead. On the turn I can only be ahead if he has AA and nothing else, yet everyone says I should still be raising?

I don't know, Im just having a really tough time with that haha. I guess Im just too passive post flop inherently heh. Everyones input so far has been pretty valuable and much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

For the results; UTG had AK and we split the pot.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:10 PM

Why aren't we betting this flop? This is a great flop for us, and we had preflop aggression, I see no need to get fancy with this here out of position.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't we betting this flop? This is a great flop for us, and we had preflop aggression, I see no need to get fancy with this here out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is something that OP has to stand for. Obviously betting out will be better the vast majority of the time here, but if he has a read that says button will bet 99% of the when he checks I ain't gonna argue...
Old 12-26-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Live 3/6

I 3 bet trying to isolate the Button

[/ QUOTE ]

This will work <1% of the time at 3/6 and you'll be OOP. The reason to three bet is you have a big suited hand that plays well in a multiway pot-- build it.